Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of mast space. 2RN

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a rough guess at the cost of locating 5.8GHz Wifi on a 2RN (formally RTE NL) site?

The site in question has plenty of free space.

I know its a hard question to answer, any help would be great. 2RN wont tell me without a detailed form being filled out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

You would be talking an average of about 2k an antenna (0.6m or less) on mast sites around the country. However the likes of RTE-NL or ESB tend to have a minimum price for a multiple of antenna so you could be looking at a bigger price for just 1 antenna on an rte site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

cargo wrote: »
    You would be talking an average of about 2k an antenna (0.6m or less) on mast sites around the country. However the likes of RTE-NL or ESB tend to have a minimum price for a multiple of antenna so you could be looking at a bigger price for just 1 antenna on an rte site.

Thanks,

That would be 2k/year? So possibly 4k for 2 antennas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Yeah per year but you'd want to be careful taking that as a guide on the likes of RTE/ESB as I mentioned above they have a minimum charge and will also require power to be metered / paid for. Setup costs could be large there also as the bigger sites require you to get your own power connection / cabinet etc.

Advertisement