Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen - Vito Corleone

• 16-02-2014 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Ask away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Favourite album of all time?

If you could go to any gig who would you go to and why?

How's it going?

Green or blue?

Would you rather no phone or no internet?

Top 3 sports, excluding soccer?

Are you a cat or dog person?

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

What's the most outrageous piece of clothing you've ever worn, excluding fancy dress etc?

Is dark matter a particle?

Whats the difference between living and existing?

Gaeilge?

Turn to the left. What can you see?

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake?

What 5 things could you not live without?

Scenario:

Day 1: 38 Irish tourists fall sick on return from Spain.
    Day 2: Young child first fatality of unknown pathogen. Remaining 37 are being treated in an intensive care unit in Cork University Hospital.
    Day 3: Dept. of Heath has confirmed eleven more cases of a new respiratory virus believed to be related to SARS, bringing to 48 the number of cases it reported this week. Symptoms first appeared over the past 72 hours.
    Day 4: Cork ITC unit under quarantine.
    Day 5: 14 further cases discovered in Galway.
    Day 6: 22 further cases discovered in Dublin.
    Day 7: 608 new cases desend on Cork hospital. Virus has broken quarantine.
    Panic buying hits shops.
    Day 8: Authorities shut down airports & ferries. Border closed between north & south.
    Day 9: Dublin hospitals over run with influx of 10,000's of patients. Mainly children & the elderly.
    Day 10: Transport links begin to shut down. Panic buying hits supermarkets.
    Day 11: Power shortages, broadband issues, telecoms work fine.
    Day 12: Power off in all but major urban areas.
    Day 13: Water supplies turned off, looting begins. Marshal law initiated.
    Day 14: You are on your own.

What do you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Tell us a secret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Do you love me? And why/not?

Am I long or short sighted?

Why do you want to spend the rest of your life looking at assholes?

Did you ask yer one out? The reeeeeeeaally short one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

know any card tricks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

decisions wrote: »
    Favourite album of all time? That's real difficult for me to answer tbh. I actually can't decide at all. Carnavas by Silversun Pickups would be up there though.

If you could go to any gig who would you go to and why? I'd travel back in time and see Nirvana.

How's it going? Alright, you?

Green or blue? Blue

Would you rather no phone or no internet? I'd rather no phone, couldn't live without the internet.

Top 3 sports, excluding soccer? Meh, I don't know. Gaelic, Rugby, Bull running.

Are you a cat or dog person? I love cats, but I don't mind dogs either.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? New York, I'd live in a luxurious apartment overlooking the entire City.

What's the most outrageous piece of clothing you've ever worn, excluding fancy dress etc? I wore green pants before.

Is dark matter a particle? Don't know, too lazy to go on Google and pretend I know/care.

Whats the difference between living and existing? I guess when you're living you are enjoying life and it doesn't seem like a chore, whereas existing is just going through the motions.

Gaeilge? Nil.

Turn to the left. What can you see? A pile of clothes on a chair.

Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake? It's sort of neither? It's closer to a biscuit though.

What 5 things could you not live without? Laptop, Alcohol, Food, Water, Oxygen.

Scenario:

Day 1: 38 Irish tourists fall sick on return from Spain.
    Day 2: Young child first fatality of unknown pathogen. Remaining 37 are being treated in an intensive care unit in Cork University Hospital.
    Day 3: Dept. of Heath has confirmed eleven more cases of a new respiratory virus believed to be related to SARS, bringing to 48 the number of cases it reported this week. Symptoms first appeared over the past 72 hours.
    Day 4: Cork ITC unit under quarantine.
    Day 5: 14 further cases discovered in Galway.
    Day 6: 22 further cases discovered in Dublin.
    Day 7: 608 new cases desend on Cork hospital. Virus has broken quarantine.
    Panic buying hits shops.
    Day 8: Authorities shut down airports & ferries. Border closed between north & south.
    Day 9: Dublin hospitals over run with influx of 10,000's of patients. Mainly children & the elderly.
    Day 10: Transport links begin to shut down. Panic buying hits supermarkets.
    Day 11: Power shortages, broadband issues, telecoms work fine.
    Day 12: Power off in all but major urban areas.
    Day 13: Water supplies turned off, looting begins. Marshal law initiated.
    Day 14: You are on your own.

What do you do?

I wouldn't have the energy to try and resist tbh, I'd stack up on food, alcohol and any sort of sedatives I could get my hands on.

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Tell us a secret Can't think of any tbh.
    decisions wrote: »
    Do you love me? And why/not? Yes, I love you. Why? Because you probably prevented me from passing out. :pac:

Am I long or short sighted? Long sighted.

Did you ask yer one out? The reeeeeeeaally short one. Nope. :rolleyes: :p
    mixery wrote: »
    know any card tricks? Yeah, quite a few actually. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What's your favourite song right now?
    The last song you discovered completely randomly and where did you discover it?
    Last thing you bought?
    Next thing you intend to buy?
    Do you read much?
    Do you play games? If so, what've you played in the last week?
    Play/partake in any sports?
    Member of any clubs?
    Favourite game you used to play in primary school?
    Hard or soft boiled eggs?
    Oven chips or deep fat fried chips?
    Macdonalds or Supermacs?
    Favourite pizza place?
    Favourite pizza toppings?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    What's your favourite song right now? That's a tough question, I have been listening to Total Peace by Sebadoh a lot recently so I'll say that.
    The last song you discovered completely randomly and where did you discover it? I've Got Friends by Manchester Orchestra. Reddit. <3
    Last thing you bought? A pizza from centra.
    Next thing you intend to buy? A subway.
    Do you read much? I used to read a lot when I was younger but not so much anymore. I just don't get much enjoyment out of it these days. There's not much originality in fiction I find.
    Do you play games? If so, what've you played in the last week? Haven't played any games in at least a month. Played them a lot when I was younger though.
    Play/partake in any sports? Nah, I used to play hurling, football and GAA. I was never much good though and gave them all up a few years ago.
    Member of any clubs? Not anymore.
    Favourite game you used to play in primary school? We played football a lot which I remember being a lot of fun. We also used to play a game where we'd run away from this guy which was quite amusing!
    Hard or soft boiled eggs? Hard.
    Oven chips or deep fat fried chips? Deep fat fried.
    Macdonalds or Supermacs? Supermacs, I've really gotten to like there since starting college.
    Favourite pizza place? Hmmm... Dominoes.
    Favourite pizza toppings? Cheese, Ham and Pineapple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You're going to buy a subway? Metro or Tube?

Teehee, I'm so funny. :P

Do you like Top Gear?
    What sort of sub do you usually get?
    Favourite fast food meal combination that you regularly get?
    If money was no object and you didn't have to drive to a whole lot of different places to get stuff, what meal would you create from different fast food outlets?
    Can you drive?
    If so, do you own car and what is it if you do?
    If not, why not?
    What are you studying in college?
    How do you like it so far?
    If you were to do another course, what would it be?
    If the money was reasonable (i.e, you could live comfably, have a bit of disposable income and never really have to worry about debt, but not as wealthy as you would if the answer to this question is no) would you work a job where you didn't have to think? Just go in and put in your hours and leave?
    Last TV show you watched?
    Next you will watch?
    Favourite series?
    Last movie you saw in the cinema?
    Film you're looking forward to?
    Favourite subject in school?
    Least favourite?
    Favourite food?
    Favourite non-alcoholic drink?
    Favourite alcoholic drink?
    Favourite spirit?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You're going to buy a subway? Metro or Tube?

Teehee, I'm so funny. :P

Do you like Top Gear? Yeah it's pretty good, haven't watched it in ages though. I really dislike Jeremy Clarkson.
    What sort of sub do you usually get? Chicken Teryaki, footlong hearty Italian. Cheese and toasted. Sometimes I get Tuna and Mayo.
    Favourite fast food meal combination that you regularly get? Chicken fillet burger and chips.
    If money was no object and you didn't have to drive to a whole lot of different places to get stuff, what meal would you create from different fast food outlets? I love KFC. <3 I'd probably combine their meal with an Eddie Rockets in some way.
    Can you drive? Not really, I wouldn't trust myself on the road anyway. :P
    If so, do you own car and what is it if you do?
    If not, why not? Don't really need a car so it hasn't been on my mind much at all. They are very costly as well.
    What are you studying in college? I don't wanna risk my anonymity so I won't say but if you really wanna know you can PM me.
    How do you like it so far? It's okay, but it's tough and I find college life difficult to keep up with. I miss a lot of lectures because I'm tired a lot and tend to overdo it on nights out (drink).
    If you were to do another course, what would it be? I don't know, there wasn't many courses I wanted to do. I'd have loved to have emigrated to somewhere I knew nobody and just got a job you didn't need a qualification for, and write in my spare time. :o :P
    If the money was reasonable (i.e, you could live comfortably, have a bit of disposable income and never really have to worry about debt, but not as wealthy as you would if the answer to this question is no) would you work a job where you didn't have to think? Just go in and put in your hours and leave? Nah. I'd love the chance to make more money. :P
    Last TV show you watched? I don't watch much TV anymore, the last thing I watched was probably the Late Late Show. :o
    Next you will watch? Probably a movie, but it'll be on the laptop. :cool:
    Favourite series? Criminal Minds, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Cold case. BB would probably be my favourite.
    Last movie you saw in the cinema? Anchorman 2. Not as good as the first one but worth watching.
    Film you're looking forward to? Haven't seen the Wolf of Wall Street yet. So probably that.
    Favourite subject in school? I didn't enjoy any of the subjects that much. If you pushed me probably Woodwork for JC and maybe English for LC.
    Least favourite? Irish.
    Favourite food? Tuna. <3
    Favourite non-alcoholic drink? Coca Cola. I live off it.
    Favourite alcoholic drink? Jack Daniels.
    Favourite spirit? Jack Daniels.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement