Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Hire Sydney

Options
  • 16-02-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

I need to hire a van for a few hours to move some furnishings (bed, sofa etc). Any recommendations on the cheapest companies in the Sydney area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭browne_rob5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Balmain rentals in Balmain. Used them a few times. Go EARLY in the morning. About $35 for an hour or two for a hiace sized van. Most if the vans are pretty old and well used but they do the job.

You can hire cans with this "Go Get" car club schemes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Not sure if these are available in Sydney but you can hire vans and ute's from Bunnings here in Melbourne at reasonable rates. Have got a ute a couple of times for moving furniture. Also do trailers if you have access to a vehicle with a hitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

when you moving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

I used this lot over the weekend. Perfect for me .. all depends on your location I suppose

http://www.sydneyutehire.com.au/ute-van-rental-rate.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Balmain was cheapest for us for a 4 hour truck. Getting there early is good advice and check that they're road legal - they're known for perhaps pushing truck legality to the edge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Have used a lot of companies but Balmain cheapest by mile. Vans are rough but do the job.

Advertisement