Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

• 16-02-2014 4:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal take on Liverpool in the FA Cup today hoping that the can regain some pride following their demolition at Anfield 8 days ago.

With one eye on the midweek Champions League tie against Bayern Munich, Arsene Wenger may decide to field a much changed side from the one that lost 5-1 to the Reds last Saturday.

Brendan Rodgers will have no such worries as his side only have the league and cup to worry about this season and will most likely play his strongest XI.

The Gunners still have Diaby, Ramsey, Kallstrom and Walcott on the long term injury list and some sources have Vermalen and Cazorla as doubts for tomorrow.

Liverpool can welcome back centre back Daniel Agger, who will most likely replace Kolo Toure, and there have been rumours of Joe Allen coming in for Jordan Henderson who has an injured wrist.

Sakho, Enrique, Lucas and Johnson are all still out.

Prediction, Liverpool to win 3-2 and Sturridge to score for the 8th successive game.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

1-0 to Arsenal in a shut out game.

Podolski with the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

7 or 8-1 as it should have been in the first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Arsenal 1 Liverpool 5

Gunners fans be afraid be very afraid sure then you's have a nice handy game midweek to zee Germans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Another one for 1-0 Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain halfway through the first half...in a dour game

Draw or win for Arsenal. Then a poor result in mid-week. That way there'll be a good result out of this run, everything will be fine, Arsenal will win the second-leg against Bayern in a meaningless match and that will somehow be a sign of improvement.

I'd be going for Arsenal +4 tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Arsenal will want revenge here.

I can certainly see goals and reckon 2-1 or 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Draw or win for Arsenal. Then a poor result in mid-week. That way there'll be a good result out of this run, everything will be fine, Arsenal will win the second-leg against Bayern in a meaningless match and that will somehow be a sign of improvement.

I'd be going for Arsenal +4 tomorrow.

:rolleyes:Ah sure maybe they will win by 10

2-0 Liverpool Sturridge to break the record after a Stevie G free kick special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Suarez to end his drought. 1-1.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Suarez to score is my only prediction because this could be a 1-1, 4-4, 0-4 or 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Arsenal to win by 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Podolski with both for Arsenal in a 2-0 win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Suarez to get a hat-trick after a barren spell by his standards. It will be close for sure, 6-1 to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Suarez to score is my only prediction because this could be a 1-1, 4-4, 0-4 or 4-0.

Yeah I'll go with that. Very hard to predict. he'll be flat out to bang 1 or 3 in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nil all with the replay being nil all as well and going to penalties where 31 penalties each are missed. The deadlock only being broken by Bentner.
    It's only the FA cup and neither side really wants to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nil all with the replay being nil all as well and going to penalties where 31 penalties each are missed. The deadlock only being broken by Bentner.
    It's only the FA cup and neither side really wants to win.

Both sides want to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What price is Kolo Toure for first goalscorer? ;)
    Seriously hoping for a Lfc win & for it not to go to a replay.

GTR63 wrote: »
    What price is Kolo Toure for first goalscorer? ;)
    Seriously hoping for a Lfc win & for it not to go to a replay.

Is a draw a problem for Liverpool?

Get Arsenal back to Anfield and will still have one game less than chelsea, two less than Arsenal and four less than City as of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

yeah lfc to win 2-1, suarez to end drought..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hard not to see a couple of goals. Going for 2-1 to Liverpool. Podolski and Sturridge/Agger.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

3-3 - late Gerrard penalty after Sterling is taken down :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For Arsenal the fear is real, Liverpool laugh in the face of danger.

mike65 wrote: »

Ya wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

As a Liverpool fan i must say i am not so comfortable today. Think Arsenal will be fired up for this one with a point to prove......

Question is can Big Bren get the lads fired up and in the right frame of mind and can he ensure that they wont take the easy way and say we beat them already.....sure will do it again!!!

Can see the Reds going out of the cup today i am affraid.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

mike65 wrote: »
    WTF?

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

LFC fan, can see the gunners taking the win here by a goal myself. Hoping for a Liverpool win but think Arsenal will have a huge point to prove. Agree with post above that it could be anything from a 0 - 0 to a 5 - 1 drubbing by either side tbh. Just hoping for a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Both teams will want this bad as it's both teams best chance at silverware even though the treble is still very much on for the gunners.

Liverpool will play their strongest team while arsenal have one eye on the champions league tie, though I suspect Wenger will put out his strongest eleven.

Personally I'd like to see a fast arsenal mid so we don't get blitzed again.

Play:

………Fab
    Jenk…mert…kos…gibbs
    ………flamini
    Ox …Jack …rosicky…pod
    …………bendy

Tough to call, pool look very bad away but we can't forget about last week.

Can only see a Liverpool win unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Both teams will want this bad as it's both teams best chance at silverware even though the treble is still very much on for the gunners.

Liverpool will play their strongest team while arsenal have one eye on the champions league tie, though I suspect Wenger will put out his strongest eleven.

Play:

………Fab
    Jenk…mert…kos…gibbs
    ………flamini
    Ox …Jack …rosicky…pod
    …………bendy

Stop eating strong cheese before bed, *shakes head*

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

2-2 with a last minute equaliser for either team.

Game taken back to Anfield for Le Slaughter le deux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Play:

………Fab
    Jenk…mert…kos…gibbs
    ………flamini
    Ox …Jack …rosicky…pod
    …………bendy

In running for Gunners fan of the season ;)

Latest nicknames for PL Managers

Jose = The Special One

Pellagrini = The Tactical One

Moyes = The Chosen One

Wenger =

Five one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Agueroooo wrote: »
    2-2 with a last minute equaliser for either team.

Game taken back to Anfield for Le Slaughter le deux.

Le slaughter partie deux

Or full French

de l'abattage partie deux ;) sorry blame living in Montreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Play:

………Fab
    Jenk…mert…kos…gibbs
    ………flamini
    Ox …Jack …rosicky…pod
    …………bendy

Three 4th place trophies?

Said it before but this is probably both teams only realistic chance of a trophy. Would like a win but 3 points last week was much more important. As long as it's not a reversal of that embarrassment I won't be too upset...but if it is we can just say Liverpool didn't turn up.

Giroud out is a blow for us.

Le slaughter partie deux

Or full French

de l'abattage partie deux ;) sorry blame living in Montreal

Thanks pal.

French was never my strong point and when typing it I knew it would be picked up on :)

(P.s) if the game is to be replayed at Anfield I vote you to do the match thread with that title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Don't think what happened at Anfield last week will have that much relevance to today's fixture apart from Liverpool arriving with confidence. Different day, different game.

Just hope Rodgers plays a strong team. There's no reason not too and it's a competition I want us to win. It'd be good for Rodgers to win his first trophy at the club as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

monkey9 wrote: »
    Don't think what happened at Anfield last week will have that much relevance to today's fixture apart from Liverpool arriving with confidence. Different day, different game.

Just hope Rodgers plays a strong team
    . There's no reason not too and it's a competition I want us to win. It'd be good for Rodgers to win his first trophy at the club as soon as possible.

He has said he would. Now, whether that's just a confidence boosting exercise for the fringe players he puts out.....or he was speaking truthfully....we shall see.

I can see the Arsenal guys being well up for this regardless of who they put out. They have perpetually choked against the big teams. It's uncanny. And they are probably sick of people talking about it.

Twitter rumour Ozil is rested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hope to see both Ibe & Teixeira today. No Moses though, him & Cissokho down the left would give me nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

That would be a blow for Liverpool. Podolski at least tracks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kirby wrote: »
    He has said he would. Now, whether that's just a confidence boosting exercise for the fringe players he puts out.....or he was speaking truthfully....we shall see.

I can see the Arsenal guys being well up for this regardless of who they put out. They have perpetually choked against the big teams. It's uncanny. And they are probably sick of people talking about it.

I imagine there may be a couple of changes like Brad Jones in goal for example. I just want him treating this like a league match. I know some won't agree, but we don't have another match for a whole week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is this only on bt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

2-2 ft score my prediction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

You would have thought he was well rested from the last time they played!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool usually struggle away to Arsenal. Hopefully a continuation of last week, but I seriously doubt it will be anything like that again (unless Arsenal run riot :eek:)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Three 4th place trophies?

You really are like a broken record with your fourth place trophy jibe.

Give it a rest for gods sake. Its both childish and tiresome and probably for Liverpool fans too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MR NINE wrote: »
    Is this only on bt?

Here yes but Owen has been replaced by Andy Gray for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mav79 wrote: »
    That would be a blow for Liverpool. Podolski at least tracks back.

Your knowledge of the Arsenal team is very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thank God to that. Listening to Owen's commentary makes me want to punch him in the face even more than I did before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Fantastic that Andy Gray is commentating....best in the business...Im going for 2-1 to the pool....last minute belter from Stevie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Does Owen even manage to be injured for commentary?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement