Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lovely stuff. 3 trophies still to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thought that was a fairly cracking Cup tie. Arsenal better overall, but we had the better chances. Sturridge was just not at the races. We came back into it well after pulling the goal back. Disappointed to go out but well done Arsenal.

Once again, Webb proves what an absolutely woeful ref he truly is. (And I say that for both sides today.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happy enough with Liverpool performance and comeback.

Arsenal got their tactics right and probably deserve it.

Some shocking ref decisions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's not sour grapes but people saying arsenal were the better side are deluded

It really is sour grapes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool should have had a peno but Sterling an Gerrard could have both been sent off as well if Webb didn't bottle it.

Better team won on the day, City Arsenal final maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Webb fu*ks up Liverpool yet again. The man shouldn't be let ref an under 10's match.

Arsenal were pretty crap again, Liverpool by far best team.

He would probably be reffing most the posters in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Soups123 wrote: »
    Agreed Gerard and Sterling should have seen red.

lol, needed to get that in quickly before it's your bed time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great game,bizzarely as a Liverpool fan im not to diasppointed id hate if we won today and lost the PL game last week.
    Proud of the LFC lads today, they showed how good a team they are yet again.
    I hope the gunners go on and win it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

NukaCola wrote: »
    Classy...

what's the problem? he is always whining and looking like he's been wronged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Sturridge's finishing and Webb's god awful refereeing cost us. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's not sour grapes but people saying arsenal were the better side are deluded

They scored more and conceded less. How were they not the better side?

You don't finish your chances you deserve fcuk all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

pool played well today, just didnt manage to convert our chances.
    best of luck arsenal, would have took the league win hands down over today f you asked me a few weeks.
    just really pleased pool are competing again and how good we are in possession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

A the BNMC thanking the post if I was you lad I'd be me more worried about your own team.haha
    Not worried at all mate.

I'm looking forward to the resumption of the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

better team won today. Liverpool where ****. Your strike force was terrible. Crap finishing. easy win for arsenal.

Had arsenal turned up last week we could have beaten them and done the treble.

O well

GUNNER FOR LIFE!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Unless it was the Lego movie you're a terrible fan ;)

Lol it actually was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

better team won today. Liverpool where ****. Your strike force was terrible. Crap finishing. easy win for arsenal.

Had arsenal turned up last week we could have beaten them and done the treble.

O well

stupidest post in the thread

pool murdered them

webb screwed them over once more, happens very game

never seen arsenal scrap and time-waste so much at home to get a result

however pool missed their chances and arsenal took their ones

brad jones at fault for second

on the balance of play it looks like there has been a sea change in top 4 dynamics, never has a loss seemed to signify that a team is on such an upward curve

proud of pool, incredibly unlucky as jens lehmann has just said, shame on webb though, at the end of every game he refs us, we all say the same thing and he screws us again in the next game, how long can it continue

BNMC wrote: »
    Not worried at all mate.

Looking forward to the resumption of the Champions League.

Make the most of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good game that. Liverpool should definitely have had a second penalty for the foul on Suarez mind.

lol, needed to get that in quickly before it's your bed time?

Nope I'm allowed up late at the weekends and a Champions League nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Quazzie wrote: »
    They scored more and conceded less. How were they not the better side?

The best team doesn't always win. Football would be **** if that was the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Liverpool should have had a peno but Sterling an Gerrard could have both been sent off as well if Webb didn't bottle it.

Deluded much?
    No offence buddy but the gunners were not the better team today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

monkey9 wrote: »
    Thought that was a fairly cracking Cup tie. Arsenal better overall, but we had the better chances. Sturridge was just not at the races. We came back into it well after pulling the goal back. Disappointed to go out but well done Arsenal.

Once again, Webb proves what an absolutely woeful ref he truly is. (And I say that for both sides today.)

Finally a lpool fan not with the tinted shades on

Paully D wrote: »
    Good game that. Liverpool should definitely have had a second penalty for the foul on Suarez mind.

No. They should've had a first peno for that foul.

Slattsy wrote: »
    You'd think Arsenal won a trophy the way they are celebrating.

Great game though, Liverpool should have won that easily but what can you do, luck wasnt on our side.

Really fancied us for the cup actually.

Webb :(

Umm what was your reactions last week? Even more excited you was. :)

So it is fine for pool fans to celebrate a win but not arsenal?

Soups123 wrote: »
    Nope I'm allowed up late at the weekends and a Champions League nights

You won't need to worry about waiting up late for the champs league after this round of matches!

donfers wrote: »

pool murdered them

on the balance of play it looks like there has been a sea change in top 4 dynamics, never has a loss seemed to signify that a team is on such an upward curve

proud of pool, incredibly unlucky as jens lehmann has just said, shame on webb though, at the end of every game he refs us, we all say the same thing and he screws us again in the next game, how long can it continue
    I'll just reply to that with

Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Congratulations to Arsenal. Twas a very close game and a pretty entertaining second half. Pool had the better chances but you have to finish them. In general, Arsenal competed very well throughout and did a much better job pressuring than last week. Ref was poor but it probably evened itself out i thought.
    Best of luck in the next round.

You won't need to worry about waiting up late for the champs league after this round of matches!

Lucky I'm not a Pool fan so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gerrard should have been sent off as well at the first goal at Anfield last week being offside, i fee ldecisions did balance themselves out!

pool murdered them

pool murdered no one.

They was rubbish defensively and attacking wise.

Suarez yet again gone missing in a big game and did not deliver the goods whilst the rest of the players from Pool couldn't hit a barn door

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

anyone who says arsenal were the better team either knows nothing about football or has an axe to gring against liverpool - simple as that

even all arsenal players, ex-players and pundits are saying they were very fortunate

good signs for liverpool, teams fear us bigtime now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Paully D wrote: »

We should of had a peno ourselves for that tackle on Cazorla. Swings and roundabouts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Dcully wrote: »
    Deluded much?

Maybe throw your toys out of the pram elsewhere, we're talking about the game here

Arsenal scored a goal more than Liverpool did and held the game out, they were the better team, marginally so but still better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Quazzie wrote: »
    No. They should've had a first peno for that foul.

So what your saying you can kick a player and not give away a pen?

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    The best team doesn't always win. Football would be **** if that was the case.

Ah that old chestnut. This one is usually spouted about, by deluded fans of a side who just lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Umm what was your reactions last week? Even more excited you was. :)

So it is fine for pool fans to celebrate a win but not arsenal?
    It is fine for either team to celebrate a win but some of the claptrap coming out of you really does make supporters from both sides cringe. Good result today no doubt. Liverpool best of the chances by a mile. Arsenal played better football in parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So you can kick a player in the back of the legs, they were both pens ref bottled giving the 2nd

He clipped them, your interpretaton differs to mine, and Suarez milked it for all it was worth.

The referee bottled on both sides today, but the way some people are going on you'd swear that we had everything go our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Unlucky Liverpool. Felt they deserved the draw. Webb always bottles those big decisions anyway so no surprises there. Thing is his bad decisions usually balance out and I think they did. On the balance of profligacy Arsenal were less wasteful and so they won. Great game though. Thanks both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

pool murdered them

You're having a laugh surely?

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Arsenal. Twas a very close game and a pretty entertaining second half. Pool had the better chances but you have to finish them. In general, Arsenal competed very well throughout and did a much better job pressuring than last week. Ref was poor but it probably evened itself out i thought.
    Best of luck in the next round.

well said this is the type of pool fan i like to hear and respect. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Ah come on now lad. That's rubbish typical arm chair Utd supporter. Dog on the street knows that the team who created the most chances lost the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Draw would have been fair. Much rather winning last weekend though. All about getting into the champions league.

So what your saying you can kick a player and not give away a pen?

I'm saying that not all contact is a penalty and that any other player other than Suarez would've been still standing after the contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Arsenal were managed by Mourinho would they get more credit for that kind of victory?

It is fine for either team to celebrate a win but some of the claptrap coming out of you really does make supporters from both sides cringe. Good result today no doubt. Liverpool best of the chances by a mile. Arsenal played better football in parts.

from me? i am only reacting to some of these cringe orthy liverpool fans who are reacting in a bad way to this defeat. Show class and so will i and other arsenal fans.

One pool fan i quoted has shown class and did i mock his post? no i applaud and thanked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

pool murdered them

What was interesting was this match showed how shallow Liverpool's squad is. Couldn't cope with resting Henderson, still can't find a solid defence no matter who plays there. If they don't make top four and end up losing Suarez, future doesn't look good.

Fabianski, Jenkinson, Sanogo, Flamini, the Ox all had good games showing Arsenal are at long last building depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You don't finish your chances you deserve fcuk all tbh

Exactly. On chances alone, we'd have won easily. We can't be depending on a woeful ref like Webb to get things right. Again, he was poor for both sides.

If we just take our chances, then everything else is second fiddle. Concentrate on what we can control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Just looking at the replay again. Ozil's pass inside Agger to the Ox for the second was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you saw this, would you give him a penalty...

That's embarrassing to see

irMVhlpuQdoq.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement