Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Maybe throw your toys out of the pram elsewhere, we're talking about the game here

Arsenal scored a goal more than Liverpool did and held the game out, they were the better team, marginally so but still better.

grow up son, goals scored doesnt mean they were the better team, jaysus my kids know that :rolleyes:

Not throwing anything out of the pram, im delighted we won the vastly more important game last week than this one.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm saying that not all contact is a penalty and that any other player other than Suarez would've been still standing after the contact.

It a 100% penalty all day everyday on any player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This outdoor analysis with fans in the background is a really bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I'm saying that not all contact is a penalty and that any other player other than Suarez would've been still standing after the contact.

if you really believe that then i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Dcully wrote: »
    grow up son, goals scored doesnt mean they were the better team, jaysus my kids know that :rolleyes:

Well go win the best played team cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Liverpool should have had a peno but Sterling an Gerrard could have both been sent off as well if Webb didn't bottle it.

Better team won on the day, City Arsenal final maybe

I see the united fans were watching their man team play this afternoon, Webb ;)

Best of luck to Arsenal in next round, we did not take our chances, you took yours, happy with our own performance, we will win most games playing as we did today. More time now to concentrate on qualifying for the CL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Last week really hurt arsenal fans didn't it. Enjoy the victory. I don't think you will get the satisfication out of liverpool fans your looking for though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TheDoc wrote: »
    If you saw this, would you give him a penalty...

That's embarrassing to see

irMVhlpuQdoq.gif

From that angle it looks like it was shoulder to shoulder and Suarez just drops theatrically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

irMVhlpuQdoq.gif

You part of the British media?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Lol it actually was.
    You're excused so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done Arsenal.

more clinical than us on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Thought Liverpool were much the better team in the second half but the game was dead and buried until a moment of stupidity from Podoloski. Not sure we can award Liverpool the moral 'better team' victory when it was only that bit of idiocy that brought them back into it. Enjoyable game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Not throwing anything out of the pram, im delighted we won the vastly more important game last week than this one.[/quote

Just look at the Fulham game it was draw but Fulham should have put them to bed. They were muck.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Typical garbage from you ,thanking every post that someone says the slightest thing anti liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You won't need to worry about waiting up late for the champs league after this round of matches!

Still better than Thursday night on Chann....wait no even that's not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

murpho999 wrote: »
    This outdoor analysis with fans in the background is a really bad idea.

Totally agree, asking for trouble being in the middle of that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

???????????????

Did you mean

well played, best team win the cup, go?

Played well, best team win the cup, go?

Go win the cup, team played well?

or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

donfers wrote: »
    anyone who says arsenal were the better team either knows nothing about football
    donfers wrote: »
    you make trolls look clever and sophisticated -well done sir, never let facts, logic, history and real-world experience change you!

lol I am donfers and I will insult the intelligence of all those who disagree with me

Anyway, Arsenal progress, wouldn't mind seeing them win it over City if it is those teams in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

no, but i would ask how the hell did he do that flip, some great gymnastics in there! :eek:

seriously gutted to be out of the FA cup, but have to say im also glad we tend to sit back and get complacent after scoring big in a game so at least now they'll have the boot up their arses fighting for the PL

i don't know whats up with Suarez but i have even sold him in the Fantasy football because he is doing NOTHING lately,

today is proof, sturridge has an off game and no goal from play....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

from me? i am only reacting to some of these cringe orthy liverpool fans who are reacting in a bad way to this defeat. Show class and so will i and other arsenal fans.

One pool fan i quoted has shown class and did i mock his post? no i applaud and thanked him.

Nope. You have made yourself look silly. You have made what is probably the stupidest post I have seen on this or many other threads and now you are saying that because somebody else posts something you dont like, you post without class. To quote a great man, "You stay classy".

This is a match thread, banter is fine but if you post rubbish then expect to be called on it.

• Advertisement

Typical garbage from you ,thanking every post that someone says the slightest thing anti liverpool.

Really your following my posts? I'm flattered

I'm known for my anti pool alright

???????????????

Did you mean

or something else?

I dont think he knows himself just spouts the first thing that comes to mind lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Finical wrote: »
    You part of the British media?

No, I just take issue with that sort of theatrics.

It was a penalty for sure, I was watching the match I saw the replays. But thats the view Howard Webb, it's no wonder he is constantly having his penalty claims waved away

That propelling off his shoulder to roll further, I'd be disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did they apologise for what was the offensive chant??

???????????????

Did you mean

or something else?
    I meant Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

pool murdered no one.

They was rubbish defensively and attacking wise.

Suarez yet again gone missing in a big game and did not deliver the goods whilst the rest of the players from Pool couldn't hit a barn door

Classic stuff motm in both games against everton, had a great game against arsenal last week and was also one of the better players at the etihad. He also ran amok against spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

niallo27 wrote: »
    Last week really hurt arsenal fans didn't it. Enjoy the victory. I don't think you will get the satisfication out of liverpool fans your looking for though.

Not really, it's all about moving on and focusing on the next match. We won today and that's all that matters, Arsenal took their chances, Liverpool didn't.

This is a boost for the team ahead of our difficult run in, if we continue to produce the goods and get three points week in and week out and get back to the top, then the 5-1 score will be quickly forgotten, it's as simple as that.

Good luck to Liverpool for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Neeson wrote: »
    What did they apologise for what was the offensive chant??

Had the "f " word in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Good Stuff. Normality has returned. Arsenal winning against liverpool.
    Normal service resumed really

Normality eh?

Head to head stats between the two teams in all competitions suggest otherwise.

Played 197 times before today.

Liverpool wins..... 76 (38.58%)
    Arsenal wins....... 70 (35.53%)
    Draws............... 51 (25.89%)

Goals

Liverpool..... 279 .... 1.42 per game.
    Arsenal....... 256 .... 1.30 per game.

Normal service my hole. :pac:

No, I just take issue with that sort of theatrics.

It was a penalty for sure, I was watching the match I saw the replays. But thats the view Howard Webb, it's no wonder he is constantly having his penalty claims waved away

That propelling off his shoulder to roll further, I'd be disgusted.

Webb is blocking your view of the contact there. He kicked him and you don't see that from that gif.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

lol I am donfers and I will insult the intelligence of all those who disagree with me

Anyway, Arsenal progress, wouldn't mind seeing them win it over City if it is those teams in the final.

Well rest assured lad your muck team won't haha haha keep up the good work Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why does Rogers look like he is about to cry? His eyes are all glassy

I thought that Liverpool didn't want to win this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

At the end of the season we will when we finish above you lot for the 100th time in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Fair play to Arsenal. They needed the win after last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Lapin wrote: »
    Normality eh?

Head to head stats between the two teams in all competitions suggest otherwise.

Played 197 times before today.

Liverpool wins..... 76 (38.58%)
    Arsenal wins....... 70 (35.53%)
    Draws............... 51 (25.89%)

Goals

Liverpool..... 279 .... 1.42 per game.
    Arsenal....... 256 .... 1.30 per game.

Normal service my hole. :pac:

What are those stats like in the Premier League era exclusively? Genuinely curious, not arguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Well it's getting pretty childish in here.
    Great game, don't think either side deserved to lose in the end really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

At the end of the season we will when we finish above you lot for the 100th time in a row

Bless. :pac:

ah come on, no team goes out to try and lose a game,

you know this will hurt rodgers but i think the general point made is less game distractions does us well at the moment, at least until the summer when we can add some depth to our squad,

our defense is ravaged at the moment with injuries and we don't have enough players to cover yet,

so for this year only having PL should do us good,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dorgasm wrote: »
    What are those stats like in the Premier League era exclusively? Genuinely curious, not arguing.

All competitive games between the sides since time began !

http://www.lfconline.com/head_to_head/arsenal/vs/liverpool/index.shtml

• Advertisement

Lads we should give Arsenal our league titles i mean they have finished ahead of us 99 times in a row so they most have won the league those season ;):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

You could see what that ment for Arsenal getting the win - it was a huge boost and they needed it going up against Bayern next week. Although i would worry for them considering Liverpool should really have scored 4-5 goals today.

Not all doom and gloom for Liverpool, it was a positive response going behind and on another day would have gotten the 2nd clear cut peno. Only pity is that it would have really setup the game nicely at 2-2.

No matter which team went through someone still has to beat City and that's where the problem lies!

Well done to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Webb is blocking your view of the contact there. He kicked him and you don't see that from that gif.

I'm not disputing the penalty claim, which I've said three times is a penalty.

Lads berating Webb for not giving it, when you see that, I'm surprised he didn't book Suarez.

He got enough contact to make him go down, not propel himself into the air, after he has forced himself to fall over.

Who said that. Winning a trophy would be huge for any young manager or even a very expierenced one I know.

dorgasm wrote: »

Why sure football did not start in 1992

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Going away from goal and facing away from and theres contact from a rash challenge and you think every player but Suarez would stay up? Not a hope.

• Advertisement

No matter which team went through someone still has to beat City and that's where the problem lies!

Wigan have that one down! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Bring out your trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lads berating Webb for not giving it, when you see that, I'm surprised he didn't book Suarez.

He got enough contact to make him go down, not propel himself into the air, after he has forced himself to fall over.

Huh?

Ya but the view you showed and the view Webb had are completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Arsenal were a lot better in defence today and looked like they were all fighting for each other.

They weren't much better in attack though. Still mostly aimless against what is an atrocious Liverpool defence. Oxlade-Chamberlain was probably the only attacking player who was good.
    Sanogo wasn't really all that. He looked neat and tidy but if Giroud had put in that performance nobody would even mention him.

On Webb, I don't think there's any element of bias or anything (beyond the normal giving advantage to home teams that every ref does in every game).

I think he's fundamentally a coward. Far more interested in the "spectacle" and looking good for the cameras than he is at actually applying the rules.

Sterling should've been booked, Podolski should've been booked, Gerrard should've been booked again and obviously there was the penalty.
    An atrocious performance by him. But that seems to be par for the course. He mightn't be the worst ref but he's certainly the worst ref that masquerades as a decent one.

Games like last week need a few things to happen - the winning team has to be excellent and have a bit of luck and the bad team have to be ****e.

Today Arsenal weren't ****e, Liverpool weren't as good (although really it was only finishing that let us down) and Liverpool got **** luck.

That's just the way things are. Arsenal kept the game tight and gave a gutsy performance and if you do that you put yourself in a position where you can win the game. Well done to them.
    It was a good honest physical battle and really, although Liverpool had chances, it was 2 stupid tackles in the box by Podolski and Oxlade Chamberlain that would've been Arsenal's downfall had they not won.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement