Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Huh?

I really don't know how many ways to say it.

From reverse camera angel, you can see contact, evidently. It was a penalty.

From Webbs view, looks a horrendous dive, and my lord, him spinning over and rolling, was embarrassing

From the viewpoint, I am surprised he wasn't booked for what was some serious theatrics.

I can't say it any simpler :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well said Arsene, well said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It a 100% penalty all day everyday on any player.
    if you really believe that then i don't know

You do realise I'm talking about the first one that was actually given yea/?
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    ah come on, no team goes out to try and lose a game,

you know this will hurt rodgers but i think the general point made is less game distractions does us well at the moment, at least until the summer when we can add some depth to our squad,

our defense is ravaged at the moment with injuries and we don't have enough players to cover yet,

so for this year only having PL should do us good,

Sorry. I should've put a smiley in there somewhere. What I said was more a reference to some posts made earlier by bitter fans.

I kind of agree with your point, but I think the FA cup can do any team good. For example as an Arsenal fan it's less of a distraction than the ECL so I'm happy we went through because with the unbelievable form that Bayern are on I don't think we'll go much further in that comp this year.

Of all the cups to be a distraction the FA cup is probably the best in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The chanting in the background is getting out of hand, you would think these guys would be moved on??? BT's own fault for being out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The chanting in the background is getting out of hand, you would think these guys would be moved on??? BT's own fault for being out there.

It's such an obviously terrible idea.

I think they're just trying to find a way to be different and more "cool" than Sky, but they're going about it in such an awful way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

TheDoc wrote: »
    I really don't know how many ways to say it.

From reverse camera angel, you can see contact, evidently. It was a penalty.

From Webbs view, looks a horrendous dive, and my lord, him spinning over and rolling, was embarrassing

From the viewpoint, I am surprised he wasn't booked for what was some serious theatrics.

I can't say it any simpler :)

The view you showed had a big fella dressed in black blocking the view, you do realise that is Howard Webb and he had a different view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why does Rogers look like he is about to cry? His eyes are all glassy

I thought that Liverpool didn't want to win this game.

Que Cartman gif

Lads we should give Arsenal our league titles i mean they have finished ahead of us 99 times in a row so they most have won the league those season ;):eek:

nah your grand ye can keep ye're Division One titles, Premier League titles is were its at nowadays

Liverpool fans are like my iPhone screen - in bits!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

nah your grand ye can keep ye're Division One titles, Premier League titles is were its at nowadays

Its the same competition different name ffs :rolleyes:

lol you for real?

I for one am delighted the way the team are playing,id take last weeks win over this week any day as would any LFC fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You do realise I'm talking about the first one that was actually given yea/?

Yes and if you believe any other player who's team is 0-2 down and gets a kick in the back of the legs stays up in the box then i dont know what to say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

What would Arsenal know about premier league titles nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

efb wrote: »

Really? i for one amn't too bothered, played well today just lacked the final part

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Really? i for one amn't too bothered, played well today just lacked the final part

I'm cut up about my iPhone glass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What would Arsenal know about premier league titles nowadays?

A lot more than Liverpool

LOL still means the same - champions of England

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Soups123 wrote: »

10 years now is it?

Yes and if you believe any other player who's team is 0-2 down and gets a kick in the back of the legs stays up in the box then i dont know what to say

I actually missed a part of the game, but read it on here and unfortunately I was streaming so couldn't rewind, but did Sterling not do exactly what you've said and stay on his feet after some contact in the box?

Sincere question by the way as I didn't actually see it and there was no real replays of it either,

It's such an obviously terrible idea.

I think they're just trying to find a way to be different and more "cool" than Sky, but they're going about it in such an awful way.

They are trying to mimic what the main presenter done in Formula 1 with the pit lane walks and chatting to drivers "behind the scenes". The problem being i think is that the clubs/Premiership aren't too keen on giving them access.

So a bit of scaffolding outside the stadiums is the best they can do this season.

I think its great (well better) than the same old program Sky have been pumping out for a decade or 2 now.

I would have thought the fans might have had a bit more self respect than to be chant crap.

• Advertisement

10 years now is it?

No you've never won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Buuuuuuuurnnn! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

We beat them 5 - 1 last week.. thats all that matters.

10 years now is it?

No. 23 isn't it?

Reading through this reminds of being back in Primary school haha :D. What is the average age of SF posters?

JJJJNR wrote: »
    We beat them 5 - 1 last week.. thats all that matters.

Good for you

• Advertisement

I actually missed a part of the game, but read it on here and unfortunately I was streaming so couldn't rewind, but did Sterling not do exactly what you've said and stay on his feet after some contact in the box?

Sincere question by the way as I didn't actually see it and there was no real replays of it either,

Nope Sterling clipped his own feet, so if Liverpool had gotten a pen for that then it would have been the Ultimate soft / harsh pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

KingdomYid wrote: »

What chant?

Fans from both clubs making themselves look ridiculous

10 years now is it?

50 years now for Liverpool?

• Advertisement

Nope Sterling clipped his own feet, so if Liverpool had gotten a pen for that then it would have been the Ultimate soft / harsh pen.

Ah, I must've picked it up wrong then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rarnes1 wrote: »

Rarnes, you are the one who is ridiculous!

50 years now for Liverpool?

Geezzz hi your maths is way off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Comparing histories ffs!

Comparing histories ffs!

Match threads are priceless tbh. Take them too serious and you're fcuked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What chant?

"Wenger fiddles with the players. Oh Wenger fiddles with the players".

What chant?

They were chants aimed at RVP, something like " She said no Robin she said no" and " Robin you're a c*nt" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The honest truth of it , Yeah it was a penalty the 2nd one , but the ref didn't give it ..much like Liverpool didn't take there chances ...So hard luck lads ye played well but ye're out of the cup and we're into the quarters hope ye enjoyed the 5-1 last week , Not gonna knock us out of the league though its only 3 points ..the same 3 points we took off you at the Emirates

Theres still plenty games to go in the League so no one knows how that will go but what we do know now is Liverpool just like Chelsea and United are out of the FA CUP end discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

No Sterling stumbled over his own feet, messed up the chance and then claimed the penalty.

Neeson wrote: »
    "Wenger fiddles with the players. Oh Wenger fiddles with the players".

Damm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Gerrard was lucky to stay on the field today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Arsenal were humiliated last Saturday, were awful on Wednesday and were lucky to win today, but the team goes on a lap of honour and the fans celebrate like they just won the premiership (a lot like getting 4th spot last season). It just goes to show what a deluded bunch they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal were humiliated last Saturday, were awful on Wednesday and were lucky to win today, but the team goes on a lap of honour and the fans celebrate like they just won the premiership (a lot like getting 4th spot last season). It just goes to show what a deluded bunch they are.

Quarter final of a cup competition, a point off top and an absolute freak result last week takes away from the great season they are having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hey, 4th is better than a trophy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This thread is nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That's our cue to leave this thread. Wow.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Match threads are priceless tbh. Take them too serious and you're fcuked!

absolute cracking filters as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This thread is ridiculous. It was a great game with some awful referring decisions. Either team could have won but the team that took their chances won and that's all that matters really.
    But to try and disparage Liverpool's performance and claim the decisions were correct hides an ulterior motive by those who have engaged in that.
    Arsenal are a good side with some obvious great talent and have a real chance to win it and I wish them well.

Liverpool fan calling fans of other team deluded lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous. It was a great game with some awful referring decisions. Either team could have won but the team that took their chances won and that's all that matters really.
    But to try and disparage Liverpool's performance and claim the decisions were correct hides an ulterior motive by those who have engaged in that.
    Arsenal are a good side with some obvious great talent and have a real chance to win it and I wish them well.

That you Craig??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement