Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Raf32 wrote: »
    Quarter final of a cup competition, a point off top and an absolute freak result last week takes away from the great season they are having?

And have won nothing in 9 years, but the odd win in a cup competition covers over the cracks that arsenal fans are blind to see. Wengers failure to buy a world class forward will cost Arsenal deeply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

tipsy explain too me why liverpool have not won a league title in 23 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

JJJJNR wrote: »
    We beat them 5 - 1 last week.. thats all that matters.

Oh goodness i'm sure Arsenal will worry about that in the QF of the F.A cup, last 16 of the CL and still finish ahead of Liverpool in the PL but sure ya's did beat them 5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

And have won nothing in 9 years, but the odd win in a cup competition covers over the cracks that arsenal fans are blind to see. Wengers failure to buy a world class forward will cost Arsenal deeply.

Challenging on 3 fronts this year, why do you pool fans always looks backwards.

You have one game a week until end of season we are mixing with the big boys and challenging all 3 top trophies will we win all? Unlikely. Will win win one? quite possibly. But atleast we are in the mix

bad2dabone wrote: »

The dominance of Manchester United and the hundreds of millions spent by the owners of Chelsea & Man City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I dont disagree with that and all Arsenal fans wouldnt, we badly needed a top striker. But the way Liverpool fans celebrated here last week after an absolute fluke result in all fairness was any better? Werent Liverpool absolutely irrelevant for the last 3 years? Wouldnt you also agree so that Rodgers failure to sign a midfielder will cost Liverpool?

The dominance of Manchester United and the hundreds of millions spent by the owners of Chelsea & Man City

No credit to Wenger and the Invincibles no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why bother responding!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Don't Liverpool have a reputation for fúcking up against the small teams in the league? Stop making excuses for your under-preforming club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good game.

I thought Liverpool deserved a draw at least. Was a stone wall penalty. How in name of God did Webb bottle that.

In fairness Arsenal scored 2 nice goals especially the 2nd. Some of Liverpools passing was terrific to watch on another day they would have won.

Still impressive response by Arsenal. Fair play to them.

• Advertisement

Makes wengers achievement s even better, thanks for that.

the same factors affected arsenal, however we've won titles in the interim, as have blackburn.
    the eight seasons thing is very tedious at this stage. if building a 400m stadium while keeping the club at the top an in the CL was easy then why haven't liverpool done it?
    the fact is arsenal have done things the right way, and will continue to do so.

The trophies are coming to us.

Yes they were awesome and Wenger was a top manager back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I dont disagree with that and all Arsenal fans wouldnt, we badly needed a top striker. But the way Liverpool fans celebrated here last week after an absolute fluke result in all fairness was any better? Werent Liverpool absolutely irrelevant for the last 3 years? Wouldnt you also agree so that Rodgers failure to sign a midfielder will cost Liverpool?

I wouldn't call it a fluke result. We've hammered our rivals for those Champions League spots five nil, four nil and five one whilst also hammering plenty of other teams in the league by scoring at least four goals.

Wenger was a top manager back then.

stop embarrassing yourself. please.

stop embarrassing yourself. please.

Do you think he's a top manager even though he has won fcuk all in 9 years?

wenger is absolutely a top manager.
    he has his faults, but overall he's undoubtedly one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Do u think morinho would have won anything at arsenal with that squad and budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I usually hate Arsenal away, I'm used to them dictating play for large chunks but today Liverpool actually performed quite well I thought.

We're still not 100% at the back, getting Enrique, Sahko & Johnson will help but I think when you look at the chances we created, and simply weren't able to capitalize upon, the terrible decision from Webb etc. then you can look at it as not being your day.

With that said, credit to Arsenal who defended far, far better than in the league match, with Flaminis inclusion helping naturally. I think we've gotten used to Liverpool taking the chances we create which is natural given the form Sturridge and Suarez have been in this season. Today we just didn't get the rub of the green imo.

Credit to Sterling, especially when moved to RB, commendable performance, Coutihno & Gerrard were busy as ever trying to make things happen but I think our lack of quality in the full backs meant we never caused Arsenal trouble all over the pitch.

It was a good game to watch & best of luck to Arsenal, back to the league and hopefully cementing top 4 for us.

Do u think morinho would have won anything at arsenal with that squad and budget?

In 9 years? Of course. Wengers failure to buy a top striker in January will cost Arsenal the premiership, but it won't matter to their fans as long as they get champions league football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

the same factors affected arsenal, however we've won titles in the interim, as have blackburn.
    the eight seasons thing is very tedious at this stage. if building a 400m stadium while keeping the club at the top an in the CL was easy then why haven't liverpool done it?
    the fact is arsenal have done things the right way, and will continue to do so.

The trophies are coming to us.

Didn't realise the emirates was that big take a bow son. On top of the CL please explain ??

Mou creates nothing and leaves a mess behind him. He's the ultimate short termer. It's always about him. That's not like Wenger. Wenger could've gone to real Madrid, could've gone to psg with all their wealth. Instead he secured the long term future of his club, at cost to his reputation amongst some people. He's not perfect and can be heavily criticised for some things but he's undoubtedly been great for Arsenal and for English football and he'll be missed when he's gone.

Politics

Your quality Rayne how's your team doing ??

Didn't realise the emirates was that big take a bow son. On top of the CL please explain ??

Read again son.

When you think about it, laughing at a person over a team they support in which they have no control over the results of in any way really is pathetic, but I suppose thats the banter of it all!

BlushingDeadlyBanteng.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arsenal were humiliated last Saturday, were awful on Wednesday and were lucky to win today, but the team goes on a lap of honour and the fans celebrate like they just won the premiership (a lot like getting 4th spot last season). It just goes to show what a deluded bunch they are.

Stop being so pointlessly bitter.

This was the point for the last few years that we would have dropped out of all competitions.

The wobble started last week when Liverpool blew us off the pitch. However, this year we righted it quickly by not losing to Man U and then pulled off a great win against Liverpool while still managing to rest half our first team for an absolutely massive midweek game vrs Bayern.

P.S. curious to see how bat**** mental Liverpool would go if they secured 4th on the final day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

wenger is absolutely a top manager.
    he has his faults, but overall he's undoubtedly one of the best.

Jaysus, amazing what a difference 6 months can make. :pac:

Seems like you needed help yourself with that question

Genuine question Lads , in your opinion is Wenger finished as a top class manager
    ?.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86060257&postcount=5760

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

In 9 years? Of course. Wengers failure to buy a top striker in January will cost Arsenal the premiership, but it won't matter to their fans as long as they get champions league football.

Most of the teams he managed have had big budget to buy world class players. Wenger hasn't and Chelsea will not win the title either as they have failed to sign a cf too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

When you think about it, laughing at a person over a team they support in which they have no control over the results of in any way really is pathetic, but I suppose thats the banter of it all!

Yes, the foreign club I arbitrarily happen to support has a better past than the foreign club you arbitrarily happen to support.

I thought we stopped this stuff in 2nd year ... Or should I say when our minds reached that of an average 14 year old.

Anyway done for the year. GL pool, see you next year, won't miss you. Now take some points off the others too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gosplan wrote: »

P.S. curious to see how bat**** mental Liverpool would go if they secured 4th on the final day.

Check out their reaction to beating bottom of the table Fulham on Tuesday. Might give you dome idea!

Most of the teams he managed have had big budget to buy world class players. Wenger hasn't and Chelsea will not win the title either as they have failed to sign a cf too

Chelsea have 3 cfs. Cant believe Jose gets away with flogging the poor me no striker excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

BlushingDeadlyBanteng.gif

That was fūcking disgraceful tackle on Carzola. Really should have been a straight red.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You do realise I'm talking about the first one that was actually given yea/?

I do, it was a stone wall penalty there can be no debate whatsoever about it.
    quarryman wrote: »
    That was fūcking disgraceful tackle on Carzola. Really should have been a straight red.

Straight red me bollocks he had every right to go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This result should bring Liverpool down to earth, our kids gave them a hiding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

quarryman wrote: »

He clearly kicked Skrtels foot should have been a Lpool free and a red for Cazorla, Webb bottled it again.

Read again son.

Apologies lad I'm little tipsy I read again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I disagree.

What's your opinion on the tackle in the gif above your post?

Straight red me bollocks he had every right to go for it.

Pity he didn't win it so, just the foot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Heisenberg is having a mare here. Bringing shame on the moniker :(

I disagree.

What's your opinion on the tackle in the gif above your post?

Every right to go for the ball, Carzola kicked skrtel so play on or a free out.
    Pity he didn't win it so, just the foot.

Yeah your right, Carzola kicked his foot.

Jaysus, amazing what a difference 6 months can make. :pac:

Seems like you needed help yourself with that question

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86060257&postcount=5760

Ithink it's brilliant you wasted your time searchingthrough my posts and you only found a post where I ask my fellow fans their opinion. Great detective work! Wenger has answered his critics. I've also thought that it wouldn't be a disaster if he didn't sign a new deal, because he's leaving the club in a great position for the future.

Heisenberg is having a mare here. Bringing shame on the moniker :(

I'm not that bad

Disagree. His foot is nowhere near the ball and follows through after Cazorla swings for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

oh quarryman is out. every little victory I suppose... thats kinda the motto of the guys in my primary school class who supported utd. I wonder if there is anything to that...

was a good game, great cup tie. arsenal seem to have learned their lesson and were able to control liverpool nicely. Podolski's goal once again showed the weaknesses in liverpools defence, was almost too easy for them. shame to go out as I think we would devour everton in the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm not that bad
    Not yet but you're breaking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Are you for real? Letting yourself down with that one Nox. He went for the ball and missed. Got the player. As clear as day. Was a penalty all day, and to deny it is bordering on dillusional. Every bit as bad as Ox's tackle at the other end, except with less theatrics and of course less Andy Gray commentary to make the most of it.

Are you for real? Letting yourself down with that one Nox. He went for the ball and missed. Got the player. As clear as day. Was a penalty all day, and to deny it is bordering on dillusional. Every bit as bad as Ox's tackle at the other end, except with less theatrics and of course less Andy Gray commentary to make the most of it.

Once you're playing for the ball it doesn't matter if you completely miss and get the man.

It was there to be won ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ithink it's brilliant you wasted your time searchingthrough my posts and you only found a post where I ask my fellow fans their opinion. Great detective work! Wenger has answered his critics. I've also thought that it wouldn't be a disaster if he didn't sign a new deal, because he's leaving the club in a great position for the future.

Don't worry, I didn't need to waste much time. That was the first post that came up, no doubt worse. Who knows, maybe 6 months time you'll change your mind again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement