Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup. KO @16:00 BT Sports 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Quazzie wrote: »
    Are you for real? Letting yourself down with that one Nox. He went for the ball and missed. Got the player. As clear as day. Was a penalty all day, and to deny it is bordering on dillusional. Every bit as bad as Ox's tackle at the other end, except with less theatrics and of course less Andy Gray commentary to make the most of it.

Your referring to Cazorla here yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh quarryman is out. every little victory I suppose... thats kinda the motto of the guys in my primary school class who supported utd. I wonder if there is anything to that...

was a good game, great cup tie. arsenal seem to have learned their lesson and were able to control liverpool nicely. Podolski's goal once again showed the weaknesses in liverpools defence, was almost too easy for them. shame to go out as I think we would devour everton in the quarters.

Did they learn their lesson though. They were cut open several times quiet easily but unlike last week the finishing was off plus some brilliant goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really enjoying the Emirates cup this year! Much better than the pre-season version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

quarryman wrote: »
    That was fūcking disgraceful tackle on Carzola. Really should have been a straight red.

it's as bad as miralles tackle on suarez at goodison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Your referring to Cazorla here yea?

Hardly when he is the only one to make any contact with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was fūcking disgraceful tackle on Carzola. Really should have been a straight red.

Ah stop will you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Don't worry, I didn't need to waste much time. That was the first post that came up, no doubt worse. Who knows, maybe 6 months time you'll change your mind again.

It's quite sad you even went looking and the best you found was a question.

Although you always know you won the argument when someone has to trawl back 7 mths of your posts

Gavlor wrote: »
    it's as bad as miralles tackle on suarez at goodison

Now that was a shocker!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Now that was a shocker!!

Both were entitled to go for the ball, neither got anywhere near it!

FWIW, it was a stonewall penalty and gerrard should have seen a second yellow.

bad day at the office for the fa's no.1 ref

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Soups123 wrote: »

Although you always know you won the argument when someone has to trawl back 7 mths of your posts

Not really though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ah stop will you!

You reckon it was a fair challenge?

Both were entitled to go for the ball, neither got anywhere near it!

FWIW, it was a stonewall penalty and gerrard should have seen a second yellow.

bad day at the office for the fa's no.1 ref

I'm not quite sure how you're comparing this tackle to the Mirallas tackle? Completely different and quite frankly nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Andrew Gray did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's quite sad you even went looking and the best you found was a question.

I knew he wasn't a big Wenger fan so had to call him on his ****e. That was the first post I found, and happy to use it.

A completely fair challenge, no doubt. It was fifty fifty. Red card talk is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

A completely fair challenge, no doubt. It was fifty fifty. Red card talk is nonsense.

Ok. Yellow card. And I'll give you Suarez's second peno shout as a foul.

Deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I knew he wasn't a big Wenger fan so had to call him on his ****e. That was the first post I found, and happy to use it.

I'm not a Wenger knows best but I am a big Wenger fan, you've looked up seven months of my posts surely you've read enough to know that.

I'm not quite sure how you're comparing this tackle to the Mirallas tackle? Completely different and quite frankly nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

Both high tackles, both late, both should have been red.

Not that difficult to understand really.

Ok. Yellow card. And I'll give you Suarez's second peno shout as a foul.

Deal?

Deal? What are you talking about?? You called Skrtel's tackle a shocker and said it should have been a red card. That's nonsense.

Also, what's that got to do with Suarez?

Both high tackles, both late, both should have been red.

Not that difficult to understand really.

Have I entered the Twilight Zone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Match threads at this hour are the bermuda triangle of common sense......

They are only looking for a rise. They don't actually believe the ****e they are posting, well at least I hope they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

niallo27 wrote: »
    They are only looking for a rise. They don't actually believe the ****e they are posting, well at least I hope they don't.

How are you anyway?

How are you anyway?

I'm tired. Working nights. Didn't sleep today and working till half 7 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Do u think morinho would have won anything at arsenal with that squad and budget?

Absolutely yes.
    Suarez made a meal of the second tackle and it lost him the penalty chance. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Arsenal won the tie, are in the quarter-finals of the Cup, they don't need to look for a rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Absolutely yes.
    Suarez made a meal of the second tackle and it lost him the penalty chance. Pity.

Well it's one thing he will never give us the chance to judge him on.

Godge wrote: »
    Arsenal won the tie, are in the quarter-finals of the Cup, they don't need to look for a rise.

It's not even Arsenal fans looking for a rise and I see now that Gavlor is an Everton fan. It's ok everybody, the nonsense talk is explained. Carry on.

Godge wrote: »

That's exactly why they are looking for a rise. That's how things work around here. I don't blame them. They had a tough week.

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    He clearly kicked Skrtels foot should have been a Lpool free and a red for Cazorla, Webb bottled it again.

As Sheldon might say, is that sarcasm?

It's not even Arsenal fans looking for a rise and I see now that Gavlor is an Everton fan. It's ok everybody, the nonsense talk is explained. Carry on.

Eh I wasn't hopping a ball, I felt it should have been red. The comparison was made to show how uncontrolled high tackles can get a player in trouble.

Anywho, continue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That's exactly why they are looking for a rise. That's how things work around here. I don't blame them. They had a tough week.

Was it not you in the Arsenal thread last week looking for a rise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

lmao the right honorable Liverpool fans wouldn't do such a thing. Hypocrites? Hardly.

Definitely a penalty below, lucky the grass was so bouncy or Suarez could've hurt himself lol

76bb93337b7f1cb7bc8fe1d50792eb5f.gif?1392572555

Yes

Eh I wasn't hopping a ball, I felt it should have been red. The comparison was made to show how uncontrolled high tackles can get a player in trouble.

Anywho, continue!

It wasn't a red. It's not even an issue of being a red. Mad stuff altogether from yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It wasn't a red. It's not even an issue of being a red. Mad stuff altogether from yourself.

Sure some one in Arsenal thread is trying to compare it to Cantonas Kung fu kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If Suarez hadn't of tried to do a really bad Jurgan Klinsmann impression he might of been awarded that justified penalty.

Ok so, thanks for clarifying.

Do you agree Howard had a mare in general? Pen and Gerrard second yellow?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    If Suarez hadn't of tried to do a really bad Jurgan Klinsmann impression he might of been awarded that justified penalty.

What difference should it make. Refs should know he hasn't dived all season. Why did he get the first penalty so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

UbQtyLa.gif

On the Gerrard yellow players always get away with one when they are on a yellow. Everyone gets away with it so why the shock when Gerrard got away it. It's better that way IMO, no point ruining a game because a player made two clumsy challenges.

Yeah absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What difference should it make. Refs should know he hasn't dived all season. Why did he get the first penalty so.

I have no idea, its the only reason I can think of Webb denying a clear cut penalty especially given his close proximity to the event. Even now I still can't believe it wasn't awarded and am mightily relieved it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I didn't see it live but from looking at replays I think that there's a good chance Suarez's overreaction plants a seed in the mind of a week ref and gives him a reason not to give a second penno in a few mins.

It should have been given.

It's astonishing that there isn't someone watching video replays ready to call the game back if there's a foul in the box. Then no reactions, no dives, no weak refs, no arguments. Just keep playing the game till you're told to stop and then it'll be cast iron.

• Advertisement

On the Gerrard yellow players always get away with one when they are on a yellow. Everyone gets away with it so why the shock when Gerrard got away it. It's better that way IMO, no point ruining a game because a player made two clumsy challenges.

Must. Not. Bite. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

gosplan wrote: »
    I didn't see it live but from looking at replays I think that there's a good chance Suarez's overreaction plants a seed in the mind of a week ref and gives him a reason not to give a second penno in a few mins.

It should have been given.

It's astonishing that there isn't someone watching video replays ready to call the game back if there's a foul in the box. Then no reactions, no dives, no weak refs, no arguments. Just keep playing the game till you're told to stop and then it'll be cast iron.

Then you take all the excitement away, whilst it does ruin results and that all of this is great for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No difference between that challenge and one Podolski did flying into Flanagan with out getting booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Then you take all the excitement away, whilst it does ruin results and that all of this is great for the game

I absolutely disagree.

The narrative is weak and simplified and about injustice.

It's why every managerial post match interview is either

'I didn't see it'

Or

'How did they not see it'

It's rubbish IMO and prevents and intelligent football conversation taking place in the major media outlets. It always has to be about the talking points.

What is strange is that all of the attention is on the Suarez incident (without exaggeration it might have been given).

You can look at it another way...

Sterling red for raising hand at ref.
    Gerrard second yellow for foul on Ox.
    Skrtel red (more probably yellow) and penalty for foul on Cazorla.

Anyway, we can argue about the ref all day. The more important question is who are Liverpool going to support in the next round?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement