Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie,vaping, beers no prob!

Options
  • 16-02-2014 7:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

its now 4 days since I lit a cigarette... bought a fb vape (fairly basic thing) and got "wicked jpb" 24mg juice.. bought spare battery... anyhows, haven't looked back since.. been in the pub twice, just finishing off a few cans at home... don't think ill ever feel the need to light up a cigarette again!!! have to admit, the geeky side of me is attracted to the whole set up of these things... im brand new to this, ... 27 years smoking dirty cigarettes... ill add to this forum as I progress... loving it so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

At this stage its already paid for itself and you are beginning to save yourself a few bob. Its a fantastic tool to get off ciggies and one that works to boot. Keep it up flanum !

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

flanum wrote: »
    its now 4 days since I lit a cigarette... bought a fb vape (fairly basic thing) and got "wicked jpb" 24mg juice.. bought spare battery... anyhows, haven't looked back since.. been in the pub twice, just finishing off a few cans at home... don't think ill ever feel the need to light up a cigarette again!!! have to admit, the geeky side of me is attracted to the whole set up of these things... im brand new to this, ... 27 years smoking dirty cigarettes... ill add to this forum as I progress... loving it so far.

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping ;)

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

congrats on the switch. i bought an ego kit and some wicked e juice 5 weeks ago and polished off a bottle of baileys that night as a tester and by god the vaping is working for me. have'nt looked back yet. like you the geeky sid of me was intrigued too, and as im writing this post im sat here vaping baileys flavoured e liquid on my svd vv/vw mod lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Im the very same, had a skinful and happily puffed on the evod. I wonder if im over doing it though because a half an hour of vaping passes very quick and I don't even realise it.

Do you guys try to mimic smoking cigs with it like puff for a few minutes and then put it away or do you just constantly take a pull here and there? I find im at it constantly, I work part outside and part office and part large indoor spaces and i'm constantly vaping. It doesn't seem to bother anyone and a few people have commented on the subtle smell actually being nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Im the very same, had a skinful and happily puffed on the evod. I wonder if im over doing it though because a half an hour of vaping passes very quick and I don't even realise it.

Do you guys try to mimic smoking cigs with it like puff for a few minutes and then put it away or do you just constantly take a pull here and there? I find im at it constantly, I work part outside and part office and part large indoor spaces and i'm constantly vaping. It doesn't seem to bother anyone and a few people have commented on the subtle smell actually being nice!

I dont know about anybody else but its fairly irregular for me. For the first 3 - 5 days it was costantly in my mouth, i nearly ate the clearo tbh. I work as a truck driver so can vape whenever pleases. Lately some days i pick It up maybe once every hour or two for a couple of puffs and thats it. Then another day might be much heavier. The thing is though, if im in a situation where i cant vape im not going mad like i did for a fag.
    Ive been pretty much sat at the laptop now drinking tea and chain vaping for an hour lol. I might put it down and forget about it soon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

I'm officially 3 weeks off the cigarettes today. For the first week, I treated it just like a cigarette, in that I'd make my cuppa and go outside and use it. It helped with the psychological side of it so I realised I wasn't missing out on anything. After that, the weather went **** and I stayed in my kitchen with the tea vaping happilly instead of getting soaked :p

Nowadays, it varies. Some days, like today, I've been using it heavilly, but some I won't touch it for a few hours until I have a chance to sit down and relax. When I'm out, I don't use it a lot, and it's very refreshing to not feel like I 'need' to vape like I used to with smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Wicked jpb is mank, Try the gold, much much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Do you guys try to mimic smoking cigs with it like puff for a few minutes and then put it away or do you just constantly take a pull here and there? I find im at it constantly,

The way i see it is that its like having a fag constantly lighting in the ashtray, anytime i want a puff i just take a drag and put it back

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dulchie12

Well done flanum I'm fairly new to vaping like yourself, smoke free for one week! Also got through a night at the pub with no probs it was so easy! I'm like the other guys, sometimes I sit for 5 mins with a cup of tea, but in the evenings I find I have it in my hand the whole time, vaping every few mins. I'm going easy on myself at the moment but soon ill try cut down very slowly. Best of luck to you!

Advertisement