Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mocha pot leaving ALOT of grains

• 16-02-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    happily been using a mocha pot for my weekend coffee for a few years untill i had to replace my pot due to an incident of my wife putting it in the dishwasher and the enamel coating been eroded due to the heat... anyway, been using a different pot that the mother in law got me in tk max... problem is that the amount of grains of coffee that is now in the extracted coffee is making the coffee unpleasant. Is there any solutions to this problem? I still get the same grind on the beans when I buy them in the various shops, I dont grind the beans myself.
    Related to this im wondering if I could use the same ground coffee in a french press as Im looking to use get a decent coffee in work and was thinking a french press could be the option.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I may be wrong here :) but perhaps a coarser grind is what your new pot needs? I had this problem from time to time with different coffees and I used a paper filter behind the screen, I would punch 3 small holes with a skewer to stop the pressure building and a mini explosion (I leave the lid up to watch the colour of the coffee change before taking off the ring).

I liked the paper filter addition as it seemed to make the coffee smoother.

Can't really advise on french press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Get an aeropress, use with paper filters and you won't have any fines/sediment.
    Easier to clean up, portable and bullet proof compared to French press (have lost count of how many glass café tiers
    I broke over the years).

Sounds like the grind you're using in the moka pot is too fine.

Advertisement