Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

copying another bike

• 16-02-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting myself a new bike soon and I plan on turning a dragstar into a bobber. I wanted to do this for a long time and through my non stop googling I found a picture of a bobber that someone in Ireland did and as far as my taste goes it was just perfect. It was the most beautiful looking bike and finished perfectly. Part of me really wants to copy it but another part of me thinks that would be bad form and that I should go on and just make it my own. I just don't think I could as nice a job. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

don't directly copy it, just take you're inspiration from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Just style your bike around it, chrome and paint in drifferent places and it wont look the same. Look at cafe racers, all are based on the same frame style but they look drifferent to each other. most bobbers are the same, so it wont be a stright copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Yeah I was thinking I would go original. Just hope I can do as nice a job. Into mr bank manager next week to get the ball rolling.
    Thanks for the input folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

What's wrong with copying it? It's inevitable you'll change something as you go which will make it your own,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

What's wrong with copying it? It's inevitable you'll change something as you go which will make it your own,

• Advertisement
Advertisement