Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Months Notice

Options
  • 16-02-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Why do I have to give a months notice to cease my contract with Eircom, it's another way of ripping off the public and forcing them to pay for things that they did not receive.
    My contract was for 12 months to January 14 and no longer and at the end I decided to change to another provider as they were giving me a better deal.
    I can't cancel Eircom myself as they would have pulled the line and number and the other provider would not be able to take over the line, but this is an absolute rip off by Eircom and others that charge this one months notice.

I will be of course paying my bill because if I don't Eircom will send the Debt Collectors after me and I am an honest person, but I will be going further about this and to Comreg and the next time that an Eircom rep calls to my door I will send him running..

Thanks a lot
    Hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hughowen wrote: »
    Why do I have to give a months notice to cease my contract with Eircom, it's another way of ripping off the public and forcing them to pay for things that they did not receive.
    My contract was for 12 months to January 14 and no longer and at the end I decided to change to another provider as they were giving me a better deal.
    I can't cancel Eircom myself as they would have pulled the line and number and the other provider would not be able to take over the line, but this is an absolute rip off by Eircom and others that charge this one months notice.

I will be of course paying my bill because if I don't Eircom will send the Debt Collectors after me and I am an honest person, but I will be going further about this and to Comreg and the next time that an Eircom rep calls to my door I will send him running..

Thanks a lot
    Hugh

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Hugh,

You are still able to move to another provider, if it is the case that you would like to do this you would need to let the cancellations department know this and they will make arrangements that you account would not be completely ceased down.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The cancellations team can be contacted on free phone 1901 (enter number when asked by automated voice and then choose options 4 then 3).

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

Hi Hugh,
    One little point, it looks like Al forgot to mention it for some reason so I will, is that ComReg ruled against this 'months notice' last year, link to ComReg finding and further information on Beware if Switching from Eircom to Sky and Why so many Problems after Switching from Eircom to Sky (as well as other threads). I presume they are still charging VAT on this charge, just to add insult to injury, as charging VAT on cancellation charges is also wrong.
    Best of luck, hopefully ComReg help you on this,
    HKS

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Hi Hugh,
    One little point, it looks like Al forgot to mention it for some reason so I will, is that ComReg ruled against this 'months notice' last year, link to ComReg finding and further information on Beware if Switching from Eircom to Sky and Why so many Problems after Switching from Eircom to Sky (as well as other threads). I presume they are still charging VAT on this charge, just to add insult to injury, as charging VAT on cancellation charges is also wrong.
    Best of luck, hopefully ComReg help you on this,
    HKS
    Comreg have brushed this under the carpet, no surprise there. They basically say that I should read my T's & C's before I changed. I had no mentions though of the months notice on my T's and C's ........

Eircom will be back to me though next year to look for my custom so I eagerly await their call....
    I will not let this die and will keep on to them for my months credit, as a principle

Hugh

Advertisement