Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire on Dominic st

Options
  • 16-02-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Was passing domnic st this morning about 9 and seen 3 fire trucks parked along by rouge. Also seen on my news feed some one uploaded a picture to facebook saying fire on domnic st.

Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can you check the pic and give any better indication of location?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Pic doesn't give away much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

From the Tribune's FB:
    Dominick Street has reopened for all traffic after it was closed for a time while three units of Galway Fire Brigade dealt with a fire in a restaurant there earlier today.
    The alarm was raised shortly before 8am and all those living in accommodation over Le Petit Rouge restaurant were quickly evacuated to safety.
    The fire fighters quickly got the blaze under control and there has been severe smoke damage to the inside of the building.
    Gardai say that as yet they do not know the cause of the blaze but further investigations will be carried out by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Was passing domnic st this morning about 9 and seen 3 fire trucks parked along by rouge. Also seen on my news feed some one uploaded a picture to facebook saying fire on domnic st.

Anyone know what happened?
    You SAW, you didn't SEEN. Jebus.

Mod edit: infracted for consistent incivility toward fellow boards posters

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The Galway advertiser have a link on their page.

Looks like Le Petite Rouge was badly damaged. I can't link as I'm on the phone.

Hope they reopen as it's a nice spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Galway advertiser have a link on their page.

Looks like Le Petite Rouge was badly damaged. I can't link as I'm on the phone.

Hope they reopen as it's a nice spot

http://www.connachttribune.ie/galway-news/item/2290-fire-closes-popular-winebar
    One of the city’s best loved winebars was badly damaged by a fire early on Sunday morning.

Three units of Galway Fire Brigade attended the fire at Le Petit Rouge on Dominick Street before 8am and brought the blaze under control quickly.

It appeared to have started at the back of the premises, according to Galway gardai.

“It seems the fire occurred as a result of some electrical fault. There is considerable smoke damage to the premises,” a spokeswoman said.

It will be closed for some weeks while experts assess the damage

Advertisement