Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim only bill pay best deal?

Options
  • 16-02-2014 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

My other half has a E69 per month deal ( 2 years +) with eMobile as she got an iPhone 4 free. That is obviously very dear now, what would the experts on here recommend, she would be more voice than text/data user but has a weakness for text competition entries!!

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

Hi Peter
    Check out 48months.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 edgars

This is not a bargain alert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

If you don't mind topping-up every 30 days Tesco Mobile give free calls to all domestic landlines and mobiles with a €15 top-up if you have a Tesco clubcard (€20 if you don't). Your missus could then use the €15 for the few texts/data she uses and text competition entries. International calls are dirt cheap with TM as well such as UK landlines 1c/minute and US landlines and mobiles 2c/minute etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

edgars wrote: »
    This is not a bargain alert

You are right, I should have posted in the wanted bit,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Vodafone have a good plan for 12 month sign up via sim only. €35 per month gives unlimited landline, mobile and texting. You also get 2gb data and 100 international minutes and I think 100 international texts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

Three are running there 30 euro a month
    all calls,mobiles,texts offer..

also have sim only for 20 euro if for "cough" business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I found 48 a disaster. Never get 3 get in Dublin and can't send premium texts. So I can't use my phone for parking. Moving over to 3 next week.

The only good thing with 48 was that they refunded me a 10€ top up

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

jellyboy wrote: »

cough business is that a new i never heard of that business before :D
    do 3 look for a vat number or anything like that when signing up for the 20 euro business deal

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

jellyboy wrote: »

Three offer for €29.59pm applies for the first 3 months only. From month 4, the price increases to €39.75pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm on a 32 euro a month sim only package with eMobile. . It includes all canals except international, all texts and all data. I like the flexibility of having an unlimited package, it means you don't have to be worrying about going over any limits. Another good feature is that they allow tethering the internet connection to a laptop which is handy if you get caught short for internet on a laptop wherever you need it.

In saying all that I'm over the 12 month contract period so must look around. I think 48 have some kind of unlimited deal but their coverage is woeful ? I'm in Dublin, how do people find it here ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tesco 12-month Sim only offer pretty decent value, the €10 a month in particular.

Obviously if you're heavy on the data though, you'll need summit heftier.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx

PqdddDzl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Tesco 12-month Sim only offer pretty decent value, the €10 a month in particular.

Obviously if you're heavy on the data though, you'll need summit heftier.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx

PqdddDzl.jpg

Thats a decent offer .. Im with VF myself and might change. Was with O2 in the past and Im of the understanding Tesco piggy back there network? Any feedback on Tesco Mobile network ... positive and negative?

GBX wrote: »
    Thats a decent offer .. Im with VF myself and might change. Was with O2 in the past and Im of the understanding Tesco piggy back there network? Any feedback on Tesco Mobile network ... positive and negative?

I shifted over from VF and have no complaints.

Less dropped calls & voicemails arriving 2 weeks after they were left :eek:

They utilise the O2 network as you say, so it's worth checking what the coverage is like in your area.

Always an idea to check the 'Talk to' forums of O2, Tesco & VF etc. to see what kinda issues crop up and how efficiently they're dealt with.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1542

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I asked about business before. You need to show proof that you are a business

Tesco it appears insist you use their number for payg No porting existing number... deal breaker! Emobile deals are not great at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭dubrov

Tesco it appears insist you use their number for payg No porting existing number... deal breaker! Emobile deals are not great at the moment!

I think you have been misinformed.
    I ported my number less than 3 months ago without issue.

Beware of their service quality though. The network was out for an entire evening about a month ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

she will need to get the phone unlocked she can get her phone company to do it free

ring eMobile’s customer care line on:

1800 690 000 from your pre pay and bill pay phone,

or on
    1800 303 466 from any other phone

You’ll need to have the following details before you call :

Phone Make

Phone Model

IMEI of the phone

Account details

dubrov wrote: »
    I think you have been misinformed.
    I ported my number less than 3 months ago without issue.

Beware of their service quality though. The network was out for an entire evening about a month ago

From the online Tesco sign up page 2

"Selecting No means your new Pay Monthly Plan plan will be set up on a new number and SIM"

No being the answer to the Are you an existing TM customer!

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/plans/plansListing/VFIESimonlyPlanBuilderMain.jsp?PlansName=RED%2012%20Month&planSkuId=sku1620002&_requestid=866986 looks like the best 12 months deal, not interested in 30 day short tem deals really. First though, will see what eMobile offers for her not to leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Vodafone one seems pretty good, provided you don't over the 2gb which would be easy if you were watching videos on the go. The 100 international minutes are attractive too, you don't often see that included in packages

• Advertisement

From the online Tesco sign up page 2

"Selecting No means your new Pay Monthly Plan plan will be set up on a new number and SIM"

No being the answer to the Are you an existing TM customer!

Open to misinterpretation I suppose

From the same page:

SWITCH in 3 simple steps!
    Buy online or in-store
    Register your number
    Move your number

When you receive your new SIM, you call Tesco & they'll set it up with your existing 086 / 087 number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Open to misinterpretation I suppose

From the same page:

SWITCH in 3 simple steps!
    Buy online or in-store
    Register your number
    Move your number

When you receive your new SIM, you call Tesco & they'll set it up with your existing 086 / 087 number etc.

Is this not standard practice?

Thanks for all the tips, advice and information. The Tesco offer is by far the best and thanks to those who provided the porting clarity. She got a good deal to stay with eMobile and decided to take it before I got home with the full picture!! I know.. I know... I know...........!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I'm going to switch from O2 over to Tesco as well. That tenner a month option is great.

Advertisement