Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Inertia gs 611 for gs 711 wiring

Options
  • 16-02-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,
    I am replacing my gs611 door entry/exit inertia with a gs 711, trouble is I am confused with the wiring because there are also resistors in there,I would be most grateful if you could let me know exactly where the wiring goes from the 611 to the 711 as simple as possible... I have included photos as well your help is genuinely appreciated I am stuck :o

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wire the head as is. Taking the 4 connections in a row on the 611 take the outside 2 & wire on the outer 2 of the 4 blocks on the reed. (this block has to align with the magnet on the door. Take the inner 2 connections on the 611 & wire those into the tamper. The 2 middle connections on their own on the 711.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 xxdiceyxx

Hii Koolkid,
    I think I did as you requested see photo attached but I get tamper alarm on that Zone when I open the door now.. sorry :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Switch the 2 tampers in the centre with the 2 top blocks.
    I'm mobile at the moment and the image is not showing up for me, but I'd say that is the problem.

Hi again,
    Koolkid,

Did that and got a yellow trouble warning flashing on keypad, I will wait until you are able to have a look at my images you will probably spot my mistake then lol.....thanks for your time tc :)

OK Lets call the terminals 1-6 from the top down & the sensor head 7 & 8
    Wire this way
    Link 4 & 8 with a short length of cable.
    Wire the red on its own into 5 wire one leg on the resistor into 6
    Wire the 2 legs of the resistor into 7.
    Wire the other single leg of the resistor & the black into 1.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,

Worked a charm...Thank you so very very much helped me out of a huge dilemma plus saving me the cost of a call out....superb :)))
    Thanks again...

Your welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement