Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement product key sticker?

• 16-02-2014 2:35pm

I purchased a thinkpad x61 on eBay. There was a product key sticker on its underside but there was also another product key in a CD sleeve. The thinkpad has W7 on it so I'm guessing the sticker in the CD sleeve is for W7 and the one on the underside is for an older version of Windows (probably XP).

I checked the validity of both keys and only the W7 was working. I took the XP sticker off the underside of the laptop. I don't suppose it's possible to get a replacement product key sticker for the W7 one to stick on the thinkpad (the one in the CD sleeve has seen better days)?

Perhaps I have waaaaaay too much time on my hands but I'm just curious. I'm thinking a begging email to Lenovo might be the solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Get a label sticker write the key on it in indelible ink,stick it on the underside of the battery compartment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

mp22 wrote: »
    Get a label sticker write the key on it in indelible ink,stick it on the underside of the battery compartment

Put it inside the battery compartment and its less likely to become illegible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Put it inside the battery compartment and its less likely to become illegible.

Yea thats what I was trying to say,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 Traitor

If you want it to look legitimate, like you need it to sell it to someone, just grab a picture of a CoA off google images, photoshop your number onto it, print it on some stickyback paper, cut it out and paste it into the battery compartment.

Advertisement