Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best phone Nokia Lumia 620, HTC 8s, Alcatel One touch Star

Options
  • 16-02-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Im with 02 and I can get 20% off the price. So My main thing is good camera and its reliable and it doesn't freeze up after a few months unlike with Sony Ericsson phones which I find go really slow after a few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Imo, Nokia is "best".

You can check comparion vids on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Nokia repair outlets are a reliable as the official mobile repair company in Ireland for all service providers fonfix. I have a Nokia 820 which had a fault with its camera, and this was effortlessly dealt with by Nokia without charge the phone was in warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Of those 3, Nokia 620 easy choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

beauf wrote: »
    Of those 3, Nokia 620 easy choice.
    Why does the Nokia beats the other two?

The HTC 8S has half the memory 4GB vs 8GB which is a problem as you can't shift games and apps the the memory card on WP8 yet.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/255839-default-installing-apps-microsd-card.html
    http://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/2247/how-to-store-games-apps-on-an-sd-card

Alcatel I don't know much about but its a mid to low android which means it will be sluggish. You may have some issues with getting new updates of the OS. Only the top end androids seem to get OS updates for any length of time. They also fill android phones with a lot of bloat applications which get constant updates. Which is a PITA if you are not using the apps and can't uninstall them. Maybe the Alcatel avoids this but I'd be surprised if it does.

WP8 is super fast even on a slow end phone. Nokia have been good at rolling out updates. Doesn't need data for GPS/Navigations.

That said the WP8 is missing some basic feature, though I'd argue it just much if you mainly use it as a phone. If you love installing apps, and tweaking your phone get the android.

• Advertisement

Well what I use my phone for is calls text, internet, facebook, sometimes youtube, yahoo email and sometimes sat nav when Im lost somewhere.

Sat nav the nokia is perfect.

I've found the Windows Phone YouTube apps poor though.

beauf wrote: »

I've found the Windows Phone YouTube apps poor though.
    Like just loading videos? Or it stops and goes while watching?

The default Microsoft on always works but has poor controls. Can't jump forward. Theres a bunch of other applications on Windows Phone but I find they can't play all the videos. But they all play on the Microsoft one. maybe theres an update due.

On my old Samsung Ace 2 it played everything flawlessly, and because the phone had dnla I could send them wirelessly to my TV. Which was so handy. Can't do that on the Lumia 520. That said half the time the Samsung could make or recieve calls, it was so flaky.

Advertisement