Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW, refitted sensors now every time I open door panel says "Sensor 1 front door"

Options
  • 16-02-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

New to this forum so apologies if this has already been answered (I've looked but not found), but as the subject says, I have refitted the front door wireless sensor (because I had the whole door replaced) and it passes the sensor by sensor test and I can arm the house when leaving etc. Only problem is that when the system is disarmed and I open the front door the hall panel says "Sensor 1 front door". It's like it is in some sort of test mode, which it isn't. I've run a full test and reset. I press Status and there is nothing. I really don't want to pay PW €100 for a callout and would appreciate any suggestions. As for the model it was installed in 1995 and matches what Phonewatch's site calls a Premier Wireless Alarm (link to manual below):

http://www.phonewatch.ie/system/files/9/original/premier-wireless-user-manual.pdf?1334835168

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 captnfantastic

OK folks, I can now happily report a solution to my own query.

The issue was that somehow I had got the sensor chime set on (don't ask me how?). To reset that for my model (as p10-1 of the user manual in OP):

OFF
    TEST
    4 digit code

Simples..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got it sorted. Its often the simple things.;)

Advertisement