Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fundraiser in memory of our dear friend Rozabeez

• 16-02-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As most of you may know, or have heard of Rozabeez, she was taken from us due to methanol poisoning while teaching in Indonesia in 2011.
    It's hard to believe that this was 3 years ago, but is testament that she's always around in our hearts.

Family and friends are holding a Fundraiser in Maynooth on the 29th of March and it would be wonderful if people could attend.

Entry is €10 per person

Quote from facebook page
    We are holding a Fundraiser in memory of Roisin Burke who passed away 31/5/2011 due to methanol poisoning. All proceeds of this event will go towards A Drink To Die From and L.I.A.M - Lifesaving Initiatives Against Methanol.

The event will be held on Sat the 29th of March 2014 in the Glenroyal Hotel in Maynooth.

For this fundraiser we are holding a masquerade ball. We will have an open mic and a DJ afterwards. The theme for this ball is undecided yet, it will either be Under The Sea or Mardi Gras - other suggestions are welcome also.

Tickets for this event will be €10pp and we will also be hosting a raffle on the night.

I hope you can all make it and make this a great night for a great cause.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/678666462162056/?fref=ts

Den

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wow, is it really three years? She was a great mod of this forum and great craic in person.

I'll round up a few old hacks for the event.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I never knew Roz in real life but we always got on really well through here. I airways regret that I never got to meet her properly and I remember being so upset when I heard about her death.

I've been trying to find a way to make the event for a while now because unfortunately I'm meant to be working that day but I really like to encourage as many as possible to make the event. It's a lovely way to honour Roz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

What a lovely idea. Hopefully I will be able to make it. If not, is there anywhere online where you can donate?

Maybe this thread could be stickied for the next while?

Yay, my first mod action! I did it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just posted up in AH with an update.

To get tickets you can email rosiemcconville@gmail.com for enquiries. This is Roe's friend (Banquo, I'd say you know her too).

She's just awating an update too from Roe's mam about how to donate directly to the charities.

• Advertisement

Just (hopefully) got tickets for this. Looking forward to it! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

I'm in.

I just wanted to say that last night was a great night even though I unfortunately had to arrive quite late. Well done to all those that organised it!

Advertisement