Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Graiguenamanagh like to live?

Options
  • 16-02-2014 4:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

What is Graiguenamanagh like to live? Is it safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

joegdoyle wrote: »

Have you cousin from there?

If not you won't fit in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No. That's just ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

it looks a nice little town

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

born and reared there best little town in Ireland :D
    central to kilkenny, carlow and Waterford all within 35 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

Nice spot, river and brandon is nice, the lower end does flood though and parking on the main street is diabolicle.supposed to be putting in a car park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I have cousins living there , and I grew up in the greater local area .

With a surname Doyle , you will be welcomed .:)

I would this the crime rate is below zero in Graignamanagh .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

It's a lovely little town. If you know some people there, you're sorted, if not it can be quite clicky, same as any small town I suppose.

The Chinese there is awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 green jay

Graig is a lovely little. If you are interested in walking it is very convenient for walking on Brandon, Mout Leinster etc. Also good riverside walks and boating facilities. And no I am not from Graig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 suzVI

Love the cousin answer! But seriously, my hubby & I are living in Graig 7 yrs - blown in from Dublin & the US- and we find the vast majority of people are very friendly. For a small town Graig has lots of different ways you can meet people as well as the classic of going into a pub & striking up conversation- there's a rowing club, theatre group, brass band, gym, history group, pottery classes & several more. Very safe place, too, community looks out for each other.
    25-30 min to drive to KK city, Carlow; downside of Graig would be that jobs-wise you would most likely need to commute to any work as not much going there. Nearest larger town New Ross at abt 20min drive. But living in Graig in the Barrow Valley means lots of outdoor beauty & activities & also there is river swimming in Graig in the summer. Last yr was brill :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement