Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is my bike worth!?

• 16-02-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Thinking of selling my bike and changing over to an r1. Not sure what it's worth as nothing similar for sale on DD at the moment..

It's a 2010 gsxr 750, 7,000 miles, like new condition. Colour is white and extras are r&g tail tidy , r&g crash bungs and a 2 way pager alarm. Full service history ( 3 dealer stamps plus I did an oil+filter on it 3 months ago).

What should I be looking to get for it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No idea, but to get a ballpark figure, take a look at something similar years and miles like a 600. Yours was obviously more expensive, but you can work it out if you add in the difference of the new price of the bikes minus depreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Look at the bike sites in the UK and the north....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Unfortunately, it's the worst time ever for you to try and sell your bike! They are selling brand new L1 GSXR 750s at the moment with 3 years warranty, 3 free services (T&Cs involved) reduced from 14K to 11K. You'd want to be a few grand cheaper than this to try and entice someone to buy yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's the worst time ever for you to try and sell your bike! They are selling brand new L1 GSXR 750s at the moment with 3 years warranty, 3 free services (T&Cs involved) reduced from 14K to 11K. You'd want to be a few grand cheaper than this to try and entice someone to buy yours.

yeah I saw that! sickened!!

Plenty of 2010 models for sale in the uk, all asking around 6k sterling, some a bit less. That's obviously excluding extras and VRT...so..I guess an asking price of 7.5k seems in line.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

RosieJoe wrote: »

Checked the Suzuki website and the rrp is still 14k. Any links or dealer names for the offer you mentioned? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Do a search on done deal for gsxr 750 and you will find Meskells in Limerick, Andy's bit n bikes in kildare, O'Neills in Tralee and Tallaght superbikes. Megabikes are also doing the deal.

Just note, it is this colour only that they are selling on the deal
    26182500.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

^^^ just me or is that a terrible colour scheme? :o like two different bikes!

Wossack wrote: »
    ^^^ just me or is that a terrible colour scheme? :o like two different bikes!

There are 4 schemes for the L1 and that is not the one I'd go for. But then I wouldn't spend and extra 3 grand for the other ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

With the 3k savings ya could splash out and get a nice custom paint job.

Advertisement