Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic albums you've never listened to

Options
  • 16-02-2014 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

I'm familiar with nearly all of The Sex Pistols singles, but I've never listened to Never Mind The Bollocks in its entirety. The same goes with London Calling by The Clash, I know it's considered an essential album but for some reason I've never been too pushed to listen to it (perhaps someone could swing me on this).

Any albums considered 'classics' that you've never listened to for some reason or other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Love - Forever Changes. Heard great things about it and have heard individual tracks but same as, never got round to whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Always considered the Sex Pistols a great singles band not really an album act, however The Clash's London Calling is a fantastic album, lots of different musical styles covered really well. Bought it the week of it's release for £5.99!

Back on topic, I've never heard any of The Pixies albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I liked what I've heard of The Smiths and Nirvana but I still haven't heard In Utero or anything from the former besides Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

karaokeman wrote: »
    I liked what I've heard of The Smiths and Nirvana but I still haven't heard In Utero or anything from the former besides Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead.
    Actually, the best Smiths album is the compilation Louder Than Bombs. I'd strongly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

bullpost wrote: »
    Love - Forever Changes. Heard great things about it and have heard individual tracks but same as, never got round to whole thing.

Its a wonderful album, though one that you really need to give lots of time to.

I've not listen to any number of so called or actual classics as frankly I don't feel obliged to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

karaokeman wrote: »

I have always liked The Smiths, but for some reason I have never got any of their original studio albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the moon. Never listened to it but should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I can't remember ever hearing a Michael Jackson album from start to finish.
    bullpost wrote: »

Forever Changes has never clicked with me. The track "A House Is Not a Motel" . is the only thing I really enjoy on it. I'm a big Psychedelic Rock fan, but I dunno... most of it leaves me cold.
    Actually, the best Smiths album is the compilation Louder Than Bombs. I'd strongly recommend it.

Gives me an idea for another thread.

"Bands who's best release is a compilation..."

I'd suggest Buzzcocks - Singles going Steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I'd been meaning to listen to Dylan's Blonde On Blonde album in full for years, and only did at Christmas last - glad I did get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nero707

Frito wrote: »
    Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the moon. Never listened to it but should.

Same as you. It's very odd because The Wall is one of my favourite albums but I never got further than the second song on Dark side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BrianMclaren

Jeff just did "Hallelujah" his way, I was late to discover it. Having known of Leonard Cohen, I would never have thought that it was his song. Jeff's version brought tears to my eyes the first time I heard it. The Jeff Buckley, Grace, Legacy Edition is worth having in anyone's music library.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Jeff just did "Hallelujah" his way

He actually did it John Cale's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Pet Sounds - beach boys. I never did get them

Advertisement