Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private meals on wheels service drumcondra?

• 16-02-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

If your dad is still in hospital could you discuss this with the ward social worker?

Found these, they might be helpful.

http://www.seniorcare.ie/home_meal_services.aspx

I think the delivery services in the link usually deliver meals to be reheated by the customer, so if your dad is unable to do this I would definitely speak to social worker. Alternatively I think there are a few 'traditional' take away companies, you could find them on justeat and order on the day (bit pricey though).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Definitely speak to the social worker if you can. It'd be more expensive, but could arrange with a local taxi driver to collect a carvery dinner from a local pub and deliver it to your dad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

talk to social worker,

you can cook up large meal put it in to containers put in freezer,you could leave out when going to work,he could microwave them

cook up susages rashers,you can eat cold,then cook meal when you come home,

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the takeaway, 'something different bistro' rings a bell but can't find it online.
    It's the hospital's responsibility to sort this out for your dad to ensure his discharge is safe, so I'd put the ball back in their court. You have tried already.

Edit
    blackpepper.ie have a few restaurants delivering gourmet food (lamb shanks, etc) but you're looking at fifteen euro minimum plus not sure if they'd deliver to your dad's address.

Advertisement