Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wood boards for serving meat?

• 16-02-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering what the rules and regulations are on restaurants using wood boards to serve steak, I like my steak rare, but kinda wondered if bacteria could live in these boards and be transferred to the next customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

macadam wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering what the rules and regulations are on restaurants using wood boards to serve steak, I like my steak rare, but kinda wondered if bacteria could live in these boards and be transferred to the next customer.

If it is a reputable restaurant the board will be washed in hot soapy water, so bacteria are destroyed. Just like a plate or slate so I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

If it is a reputable restaurant the board will be washed in hot soapy water, so bacteria are destroyed. Just like a plate or slate so I wouldn't worry.
    Past the worrying stage but still going through the diarrhea stage, since last night from a piece of steak, seems a bit suspect to me. A friend whose a chef said these were unhygienic for meat like steak that can sometimes be very rare, also these boards should be washed scrubbed and wire brushed, thats what he told me now I cannot see a restaurant doing all that, I also prefer plates and will insist on one in future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We don't allow food safety advice on this forum, and it seems that's what you're looking for, so I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement