Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do all e-liquids taste like grease mixed with sickly sweet vanilla??

Options
  • 16-02-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

Am vaping about 2 weeks now, ( Joyetech Ego-cc) and as far as the pleasure of inhaling / exhaling the vapour I'm amazed how much pleasure I'm getting from it, and how similar it is to that aspect of smoking.

It's also working well with cravings and boozing.

However, the caveat to all that, which has me fairly worried, is that the e-liquid (Joyetech blended Virginia / Joytech coffee) tastes sickly sweet and leaves a film of greasy -chip fat like substance all over my gob. Tasting this constantly makes me nauseous.

Do they all pretty much taste like this because of PG/VG bases ?

Are there any that have no greasy / sweet quality to them whatever?

Be brutally honest with me as I'm not gonna get used to the sweet / greasy taste and I don't want to get my hopes up that I may be off the ciggies for good.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Sweet taste: Flavour Art created Bitter Wizard specifically to negate this.
    It's incredibly bitter, so 1 or 2 drops per 10ml should be enough. If you find it"s still too sweet add a drop per 10ml at a time.http://www.flavourart.co.uk/wizards-magic-crystals.html

Greasy feeling: they're pretty greasy ingredients but I can't imagine how it's getting all over your gob (the outside?) besides possible leaking or condensation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

No they don't, you can most certainly do a lot better. Try the Wingnuts range from E-smokeireland, it's was I started out on and I would recommend it to anyone, I still use their jucies on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Certainly something wrong there, I never had any such issue with any juice.

Perhaps try a sample or two from some of the vendors on vapingireland.

I have bought small samples from www.vapefreaks.com for less than €2 each and they were spot on.

Greasy residue does not sound nice, nor right!

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I think its just a case of trying as many juices as you can until you find one you like.
    I cant touch fruit flavoured ejuices because of the sweetness, I also think ry4 is a bit too sweet.

Try this http://www.healthiersmoker.ie/en/e-juice/231-gold-blend-e-juice.html my personal favourite so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I think the above are missing something. Are you inhaling hard and drawing the juice into the mouthpiece and thus you're lips/mouth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Hey guys I'm pretty new to this also and have the EGO C three weeks off the ciggies now :D

I think this might be a problem with the EGO C leaking too much juice - new mouthpiece works fine for a few days and then it seems to dump loads of juice through the bottom and even into the battery. I seem to spend loads of time cleaning it out I've seen some articles online about how the hole where the wick goes in gets too big over time and I picked up some of the sillicone? stoppers but again this only works short term.

Would a clearomiser work any better? Tried getting some advise in my local vaporpal shop but service was woeful. Used to be a really good lad in there but don't see him there anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

This is more caused by takeing quick/sharp/hard draws on them or you are using a mostly PG juice in my experience,meney a person i have introduced to the ego doing it.

Try taking a long shallow draw,most of mine are between 6 and 8 sec.

The theory is that you are drawing juice to the coil quicker then the coil can vaporize it.
    Iv been using the ego-t/ego-c for 3 years with mostly 40/60 or 50/50 PG/VG mix with out issue
    I also put a mark from the tank onto the tank cap so that the mark is always at the same place on the spike.

Only other thing i can think of is if your using the non joye atties iv seen them leek.

You could try giveing a pro-tank mini a go i find them good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Claregirl wrote: »
    Would a clearomiser work any better? .

I'm not an expert but of the clearomisers i've tried i got to say i think the vivi nova is very good, a healthy hit, lots of flavour and absolutely no maintenance problems.
    CE5s are ok too and they are pretty cheap

Advertisement