Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Law of Attraction followers in?

Options
  • 16-02-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I've been using the LOA for quite some years now, had some minor success but nothing major. Anyone else follow the LOA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

I've been using the LOA for quite some years now, had some minor success but nothing major. Anyone else follow the LOA?

I bet you are still 'wanting', that's success, he who is wanting will always be wanting, that is the law of attraction in action, it doesn't matter what you want, it's the wanting in itself that you are attracting.

I have been aware of the LOA for quite some years also, but its the energy of love and peace that I use it for.
    This law is a spiritual law and it really only applies to your spirit self (dispite what the market tells/sells you) if you spend your life wanting and getting, all the physical stuff is left behind when you pass, but what you have been attracting with your spiritual 'power' or energy, lives on or stays with you and wanting to the spirit is emptiness and nothing to fill it.
    There is truth in the saying 'be careful what you wish for'

Happy Every Day
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

HI Davey

I agree with angelman..

I use LOA in order to come into alignment with my higher self or souls purpose.. what you perceive you receive.. I have found developing yourself and your happiness in alignment with the universe makes the law of attraction work.. not wishing for material things.. yes you can have them but it depends on what your wants and needs are.. mine are more spiritual and not materialistic.

Each to their own.. I have found gratitude raises your vibration.. so if you are more grateful you will attract more into your life... if your miserable looking for money.. you will still be miserable prob with more money.. all to do with perspective!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Not being flippant here. But the law of attraction is more got to do with nature eg. the Blackbirds and the Starlings do not fly around together.

Like poles repel while unlike poles attract. The magnetic lines originate from the North Pole of a magnet and end at its South Pole. The direction of a magnetic.

The Law of Abundance is knowing that we already have it all the only problem is that we we block it out ourselves so let the ego go and enjoy each unfolding moment.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

The law of Attraction is the same as 'like to like', blackbird to blackbird, starling to starling, however it also applies to 'Human Nature' or egos, we are not exempt from or apart from this law, it applies equally to ALL, the seen and the unseen, so if it is in your nature to be wanting, that's the energy you will 'Attract' whatever is your nature is like a magnet within attracting more of the same and repelling it's opposite.

Abundance is life itself

Happy Every Day
    P

The Law of Attraction like the Law of Gravity or the Law of Opposites are immutable Laws.

Do not confuse it with Visualisation, seeking to attract into your life what you perceive to be lacking................this could be described as the Law of Lack or the Law of Scarcity.

Even if visualisation appears to be successful in attracting what you visualise the problem is that you can never visualise the solutions to any problems they might, or will bring as you will not know the problems until they arise.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Just saw this and thought I would also write in here.
    Im a big believer in the LOA.
    Because it works for me all the time (small things).

Even completely random events that simply wouldnt happen "just like that" happened to me, when i was attracting them.
    I would love to talk or write to people who believe in it too, to motivate each other, and not read doubts about it.
    Feel free to message me if you are one of the believers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Xenophile wrote: »
    The Law of Attraction like the Law of Gravity or the Law of Opposites are immutable Laws.

Do not confuse it with Visualisation, seeking to attract into your life what you perceive to be lacking................this could be described as the Law of Lack or the Law of Scarcity.

Even if visualisation appears to be successful in attracting what you visualise the problem is that you can never visualise the solutions to any problems they might, or will bring as you will not know the problems until they arise.

Hold on a second there, on what basis do you contend LOA is an immutable law? And how do you conflate it with Newton's law of universal Gravitation? What is this 'law of opposites' or 'law of scarcity' you speak of?

Hold on a second there, on what basis do you contend LOA is an immutable law? And how do you conflate it with Newton's law of universal Gravitation? What is this 'law of opposites' or 'law of scarcity' you speak of?

Maybe I can helpt with that too!
    As I understood it, the LOA is the same as the law of gravity, etc.

For example:
    We cant see gravity, but we know it works!
    Or take electricity. We know it works, we cant see it and might dont fully understand how, but it works and we "earn" the results.

Same with the LOA.
    It works too, can you meassure gratitude, love etc? no, but its there and works just as the other laws :)

celica00 wrote: »
    Maybe I can helpt with that too!
    As I understood it, the LOA is the same as the law of gravity, etc.

For example:
    We cant see gravity, but we know it works!
    Or take electricity. We know it works, we cant see it and might dont fully understand how, but it works and we "earn" the results.

Same with the LOA.
    It works too, can you meassure gratitude, love etc? no, but its there and works just as the other laws :)

Sorry Ceilca, but you are mistaken. Gravity is testable, repeatable and a predictable force ( seriously, drop a pen 100 times to see what happens)
    It's actually quite easy to understand how electricity works if you're interested- http://science.howstuffworks.com/electricity.htm

A scientific law is the description of observed phenomenom and supported by empirical evidence. Equating the oddly named ' law of attraction' with scientific laws in some sort of attempt to legitimise makes no sense at all if you have even a passing interest in science (and that's all I have, I wish I knew more, but I am reading and learning more every year). It's not predictable, testable, supported by emperical evidence or even scientific in nature, ergo it's not a law, and certainly not what anyone could consider an 'immutable law' which is why I question xenophile's use of the phrase.

Example

So you want to attract a stunning Girlfriend or Boyfriend. You get your wish and things are working out well until someone, a celebrity maybe, with lots of dosh tempts your friend away from you.

As the Buddhists say "If you cannot be happy today you will not be happy tomorrow"

Forget about attracting this is just a way of blocking!

• Advertisement

Example

So you want to attract a stunning Girlfriend or Boyfriend. You get your wish and things are working out well until someone, a celebrity maybe, with lots of dosh tempts your friend away from you.

As the Buddhists say "If you cannot be happy today you will not be happy tomorrow"

Forget about attracting this is just a way of blocking!

This is not an example nor a refution. This is a hypothetical suggestion, which by its very nature cannot be fully addressed.
    I asked you a fairly straight forward question regarding 'laws', what is your answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

The law of attraction is based around the law of vibration. This will explain it better http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/Law-of-vibration.html

The law of attraction is based around the law of vibration. This will explain it better http://www.one-mind-one-energy.com/Law-of-vibration.html

There is no 'law' of vibration. Law is a very specific scientific title, it does not cover non predictable pseudo-science. Or indeed the supernatural, which this veers into-

"Back in 1986 Esther and her husband Jerry Hicks came into contact with non-physical entities called Abraham. Abraham is a group of evolved teachers from "the other side". These non-physical entities speak through Esther. In the video below Abraham is explaining how everything in the universe vibrates. The Law of Vibration is the law that serves as the foundation for the Law of Attraction."

I am keeping an open mind and not ruling out the possibility that what we put out into the world might in some form allow us to flourish as individuals, but when we abuse science and make up things based on a misunderstanding of science it weakens and complete undermines the argument.

The Law of Cause and Effect .............."as you sow so also shall you reap".......the words of Jesus, covers all.

The Law of Cause and Effect .............."as you sow so also shall you reap".......the words of Jesus, covers all.

This is a non sequitur. Why did you call the LOA an immutable law? What was the basis of this assertion?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Rogers830

Hi folks, I just discovered LOA yesterday and I am using it in my thoughts for example I am not letting or thinking about small things that bother me or small problems we create in our heads, have you any advice or books that I should look into? Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

I was hoping to find and read a thread-forum exactly just like this one!

If an 'A pitch' tuning fork is struck, and then brought close to a tuned piano, the string that carries that same tone (A) will vibrate automatically.
    If the piano is slightly below tune, the matching note may slowly begin to attune itself to the same rate at which the fork is vibrating.

It's said two pianos in different rooms will match and vibrate strings to compliment each other.
    ...Although the receiving string may not be as loud as the transmitted note obviously.
    Sure if you've a couple a grand Steinway's handy, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Rogers830 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I just discovered LOA yesterday and I am using it in my thoughts for example I am not letting or thinking about small things that bother me or small problems we create in our heads, have you any advice or books that I should look into? Cheers :)

I love Bob Proctor I have to say, for many years now.
    All books he is recommending are really great..
    Perhaps try "You were born rich" from him, there are also videos on these lectures available on the internet (I presume YouTube, just search for it : )..

Also that book of Napoleon Hill "Think and grow rich" that he swears is his "Bible"..
    it is a mind opener : )...

If I'd have to say what is the most valuable thing he is stressing - it would have to be - to take a full responsibility for your own life - and start creating it, rather than just surviving it : ) and theres lots to it, like, how to overcome being stuck in comfort zone etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

btw perhaps listen this podcasts they are just excerpts from the lectures but if you like that you will most likely then go to search for more information on it : )

good luck in your life and all the best! : )

soundcloud.com/proctor-gallagher/sets/cyber-monday-deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 brick1

It would be worth reading 'self discovery ' by Stanislav grof. heavy going for a newbee to spirituality but you have to consider what he says , considering hes now prof. of psychology at Stanford uni.

Of if you're not down with multi-verse concepts or harmonic theories, the wee chap with the beard who does lucky times show on C4 (Noel).
    - Well he wrote a book for the tabloid readers.

All be it plagiarism of another original book, you can still find copies lurking at the bottom of those discount stores for around the price of a fresh cup of tap water.

just beginning to read about LOA. Did anyone in cork form a group to motivate each other?

brick1 wrote: »
    just beginning to read about LOA. Did anyone in cork form a group to motivate each other?

I would love if there would be such a thing!

how did you get on with the book?

I havent posted in a while due work and being so busy.
    And that clearly reflected it on my life too.
    But it's always time to turn things around, so I'm going to do some gratitude exercises everyday to get back to that fantastic level I was in before :)

Still reading LOA. I found some chapters similar to methods of work I already use ie lists,placemat etc as I worked inengineering so concepts were easy.loved the emotional scale-should be thought in schools.

I used to work shift but not working last few months and just had a great example of stopping resistance.When I stopped chasing companies in the industry I used to work (which would be siftwork) and applied elsewere, wow three start dates the following week in the area i orginally wanted and in the best match and pay for what I wanted and on days. what resistance did I have to going on about going back on shiftwork then?
    P.S. new book 'the awakening codes' by story waters you would find interesting if you have read LOA

Very interesting, that reminde me also of two books I read recently (found them brilliant)

"Excuse me, your life is waiting" and "The healing codes".

I find stopping resistance tricky sometimes because I wouldn't not always realize there is resistance!
    What I find easiest, if I use a random thought to attract something, that works the best so far. because I often completely forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

Not being flippant here. But the law of attraction is more got to do with nature eg. the Blackbirds and the Starlings do not fly around together.

Like poles repel while unlike poles attract. The magnetic lines originate from the North Pole of a magnet and end at its South Pole. The direction of a magnetic.

The Law of Abundance is knowing that we already have it all the only problem is that we we block it out ourselves so let the ego go and enjoy each unfolding moment.
    tell that to someone who is hungry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

and you told him not to be superstitious
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92596775&postcount=3

Some nice random story from the other day.
    I was parking in town and had an hour left on the parking disk. Since I was finished within an hour, another hours was left on it. So I handed the disk to the fellow who was parking right after I left my spot.
    I didnt want to waste the free hour so thought not as much of it and hoped it would help someone a lil bit :)

After that I drove to a nearby shop to collect something and left the car close enough on a side road. when I headed back, sitting in my car again, a fella who left his house thought I was parking up and offered me his own private parking spot since he was just after leaving.
    I found that awesome...never got a private spot offered so far haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement