Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault in Wicklow

Options
  • 16-02-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Is there an issue with NGB in Wicklow Town ? My speeds have dropped right off today - see attached . Usually averages 5.0 min up to 6.5

Have rebooted modem a dozen times and removed filter from wall and still crap speed. Can you advise please?

Sumo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

sumo12 wrote: »
    Is there an issue with NGB in Wicklow Town ? My speeds have dropped right off today - see attached . Usually averages 5.0 min up to 6.5

Have rebooted modem a dozen times and removed filter from wall and still crap speed. Can you advise please?

Sumo
    I am in Arklow and the same problem started last night.
    speeds normally 5mb down,have dropped to an unusable .33 mb today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

same here in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Sumo
    Internet speed has gone to sh1t in Wicklow Town getting .23 on speedtest.net but interestingly showing full speed on eircoms speedtest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Have eFibre in Kilcoole and getting a speed around 0.37mb. Probably the worst speed I've had in years.

3310913065.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Phew,thought. It was just me.
    Big problem somewhere then.

Eircoms speed test may say all is well but Netflix or sky go wont connect .
    I cant even stream radio.
    last test had 0.1 up lol which means dial up speed.
    Could we have an eta on this back haul repair and the reason Eircom reps when you are ready Monday thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Yep ok, seems like it's not just me either then. Please can we have some information about what is being done to resolve this Eircom?

Bump

Yeah it went back to what it was over the weekend there for about 10 minutes, but seems fine again now?

Gone again. :mad:

Coming and going mate. One minute it's normal, next it's crawling

• Advertisement

Pinging home.eircom.net [86.43.38.8] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=58
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

No update, nothing. This is how a company should do business

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/archive/index.php/t-10.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

To all posting on this issue.

Re recent issues of slow speed at peak times.

We understand your frustration that no answer has been provided on the recent issue of slow speeds. We can advise that due to the number of posts and information gathered there, we have been able to pass on a comprehensive impression of your issues and complaints.
    This is currently under investigation at the highest level. Given the number of posts and the wide geographical area this investigation will take time but we hope to have an update on any information or action taken as soon as possible.
    Many of you have posted that in your opinion this is a congestion issue at exchange, these will be investigated and we will have feedback.
    Many of you have reported this to our Broadband Tech Support team on 1890260260 already. We do advise this as it helps us in gathering technical and system tested information, along with establishing a pattern, ie times and geographical location. All of this information is needed to establish and identify issue as reported here.
    We have posted a number of posts asking anyone with this issue, who has reported this to tech support to PM us with the fault ref number. We have received very few of these ref numbers. If you do have a ref number please PM us and we can chase further.

We understand that slow speeds can cause enormous frustration, especially to those working from home, though we cannot at this time offer more information on the posts raised here, eircom have given this issue priority.

We hope that we can post results or actions taken on this issue soon. But we do need you to have reported this to tech support before we can affect any action here.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

nuxxx wrote: »
    Pinging home.eircom.net [86.43.38.8] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 86.43.38.8: bytes=32 time=79ms TTL=58
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

No update, nothing. This is how a company should do business

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/archive/index.php/t-10.html
    Hi nuxxx
    it is not true that you have had no update. We have taken your own trace routes for investigation, have advised that your trace route did highlight a possible issue, we were able to offer some feedback on this ( not much I know) and that the investigation was ongoing. As soon as we have official feedback we can then post this.
    I understand that this has taken time but we will update you and any issue identified will be resolved.
    Tony

Thanks for the detailed response Tony, it's appreciated. Thanks also for your honesty in acknowledging there is an issue under investigation rather than saying it's isolated or individual cases. Mine is currently ok - lower speed than usual - but ok. When it drops away again I'll report it to tech.

Regards,
    Sumo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the detailed response Tony, it's appreciated. Thanks also for your honesty in acknowledging there is an issue under investigation rather than saying it's isolated or individual cases. Mine is currently ok - lower speed than usual - but ok.  When it drops away again I'll report it to tech.

Regards,
    Sumo
    Hi sumo12

Thanks for that, I'll pass this to Tony

Al

Advertisement