Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone thorough the car radio

• 16-02-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Looking to play iPhone through a peugoet 207 but don't think it has an AUX input. Is there anyway this can be done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You could use a cassette adapter if it has a one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Whosthis wrote: »

That Belkin FM transmitter chews up AAA batteries, even when switched off, it's not at all suitable for use in a car because of it's limited range. Surely you're using a model that's powered from the car?

I use that Belkin model when visiting hotels as it allows me to access internet radio on my portable FM radio. For the car I use this Monster model which is powered from the car cigarette lighter socket so it charges the iPod on the go meaning it never runs out of juice....

http://reviews.cnet.com/fm-transmitters/monster-icarplay-wireless-plus/4505-13575_7-31248005.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I actually have one made by Logic3 and not Belkin at all. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/45089/logic3-ip163k I didn't even read the description of the belkin one and just assumed it was pretty much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

What kind of stereo has it, is it the factory fitted standard cassette or cd radio and not the all over the place versions in newer models.
    Might be worth looking at replacing the whole unit with a Bluetooth CD stereo or even just a head unit.
    Aldi and lidl both had models for under 60, play sd card, have Bluetooth for phone or mediaplayer and aux input and work a hell of a lot better than any FM transmitter.
    You can get a Parrot Bluetooth unit but they feel bolted on, a Bluetooth stereo is very integrated giving you both the music and the handsfree.

Very easy to do, usually can get custom connectors from a ICE stereo fitter if it doesn't use the standard ones. Think mine cost €18 so didn't need to get assistance, take out one, attach custom connector, slot in new unit, attach cables and microphone. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

It's the cd radio that came with the car. Might look again if there an AUX but there no mode when scrolling through source. Cheers for all the suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buy a radio with bluetooth that supports A2DP from Aldi/Lidl
    Then stream from phone to radio with bluetooth

This is what I do. If I get a call while driving and listening to music I just press Accept on stereo.
    No need to remove phone from pocket at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I have an fm transmitter too, think it'd belkin but can't find a link. I've had it about 5 years and it's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

coylemj wrote: »
    That Belkin FM transmitter chews up AAA batteries, even when switched off, it's not at all suitable for use in a car because of it's limited range. Surely you're using a model that's powered from the car?

I use that Belkin model when visiting hotels as it allows me to access internet radio on my portable FM radio. For the car I use this Monster model which is powered from the car cigarette lighter socket so it charges the iPod on the go meaning it never runs out of juice....

http://reviews.cnet.com/fm-transmitters/monster-icarplay-wireless-plus/4505-13575_7-31248005.html
    No need for batteries as it comes with a lead that connects to the cigarette charger.

Includes in-car DC power cable for optional battery-free operation*

About 1/3 of the price to the one you linked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,644 ✭✭✭✭ted1

biko wrote: »

This is what I do. If I get a call while driving and listening to music I just press Accept on stereo.

Unfortunately most cars these days use double DIN radios and look stupid if replaced with single DIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, this is the most hassle free way. I have an aftermarket iPod interface that works with Bluetooth so it supports streaming music and calls. It is a bit more expensive at around €180 fitted but a godsend for anyone in the car a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Youzername

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MEX-BT2700-Bluetooth-Stereo-Internal/dp/B001RD22GY

One of these will do the job nicely.

Works as a hands free set up too.

I found it greatly improved the sound quality in the car too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

deja vu:pac:

Also good in that call mutes radio if radio is on.
    As I said, sound quality is way better than FM.
    IMO It is the only way to go if you have only a cheap stereo. Most of those older standard ones are single DIN so same as the Aldi/Lidl ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

greenman09 wrote: »
    It's the cd radio that came with the car. Might look again if there an AUX but there no mode when scrolling through source. Cheers for all the suggestions

Nothing in the glove compartment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_944639_langId_-1_categoryId_212488

If you want something cheap the one above has an aux port. Easy to fit too once you have a single din radio. If your radio stations don't stay stored when you turn off the engine and take out the key, swap the red and yellow wires http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=144149.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Been using Sony MEX models for years in several cars - cheap and reliable.

Will never buy a car that doesn't have audio streaming or the option to fit one of these units.

Advertisement