Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cooker problems

• 16-02-2014 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping someone here can help.

Iv got a gas cooker, and the rings wont stay lighting.

The rings will spark, and light up for as long as I have the button pressed in, but once I let go the button, the flame dies out again?!

any ideas?

Jo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

try lighting with match

is it propane you might be running out

if its gas a switch may be turned nearly off

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081120043459AAPA3Ut

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it a new cooker? Or did it suddenly start acting up?

All gas cookers within the last 10 years or so now all have Flame-failure devices, which essentially is a metal probe sticking up at the ring cap which lets gas flow when it's hot and stops gas when cold.

When the flame is going, does the flame look normal blue, or does it seem a big flame maybe more yellow in colour? This can happen when NG jets are used with LPG bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

byte wrote: »
    Is it a new cooker? Or did it suddenly start acting up?

All gas cookers within the last 10 years or so now all have Flame-failure devices, which essentially is a metal probe sticking up at the ring cap which lets gas flow when it's hot and stops gas when cold.

When the flame is going, does the flame look normal blue, or does it seem a big flame maybe more yellow in colour? This can happen when NG jets are used with LPG bottles.

The cooker is about 7 years old i think,

the flame looks ok when its going - normal blue colour.

it happens to all 4 of the rings. one of the rings is on its own in the side, and this is the only one thats working.

Advertisement