Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting webpages to translate automatically

Options
  • 16-02-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

There is a Swedish website, www.di.se, that I can't seem to be able to translate into English. I use chrome as my browser at the moment on this laptop but I don't know if it's anything to do with the browser anyway.
    As soon as the page loads the browser asks me if I want to translate it into English and when I click on Translate/Yes, nothing changes on the site. :confused:

I don't want to have to copy and paste every article.

Is there any way to get round this? I can't see why or how it would be blocked to translation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The website appears to be Flash based. That could be the problem - it's not easy to access the text in a Flash site to translate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

daymobrew wrote: »
    The website appears to be Flash based. That could be the problem - it's not easy to access the text in a Flash site to translate it.

Thanks daymobrew. By any chance would you know of a way to change it to html and have it translated with Google Translator or another translator?

pog it wrote: »
    Thanks daymobrew. By any chance would you know of a way to change it to html and have it translated with Google Translator or another translator?
    Actually the site is not flash based - when I open the site on Chrome it showed me a Jeep ad while on Firefox it went straight to the news site. The news site is regular html and can be translated.
    Here is the translation for one article via Google Translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Are you using Google Translate?

I just tried Firefox and I'm getting the ad with the Jeep as the entire front page and I have to click on a section of it to get to the main news site.

Then once on main site I clicked on translate page, and it still won't translate.

I was using Google Translate in Firefox.

Click on this link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement