Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Pinboard child theme and Visual Composer

Options
  • 16-02-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I am using a Pinboard child theme and trying to customize it with the help of Visual Composer. I want to have my slider on the page linked below flush with the right and left margins and the menu above it - I have used Firebug to try and rectify the problem and have added custom CSS which hasn't solved the problem. Any help with this is appreciated. :)

PAGE LINK:
    http://dbtest.destinationballybunion.ie/?page_id=148

CSS I HAVE ADDED:

[HTML]
    wrapper { padding: 0px; } entry { max-width: 1140px; box-shadow: 0 0 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); padding: 0px; } .single .entry, .page .entry, .error404 .entry { margin-bottom: 5.1% !important; padding: 0; } slider a { padding: 0px; max-width: 1140px; }[/HTML]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Your container div has margin of 1.6%.

#container {
    margin: 1.6%;
    }

It would probably mean moving your slider out of this container. Although that would probably have a knock-on effect for the responsive design.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dblistowel

D Hayes wrote: »
    Your container div has margin of 1.6%.

#container {
    margin: 1.6%;
    }

It would probably mean moving your slider out of this container. Although that would probably have a knock-on effect for the responsive design.

thanks for your reply. Could I not just keep the slider within the container and set the margin to 0% ? Wouldn't that correct the position while keeping things under control for responsive design ? Thanks.

Yes, you could do that, but the rest of the main body content is within the container div too. So all the way down the page, the left and right margin will be 0, which may detract from the aesthetics of the page.

It looks like you've made some progress in the meantime anyway.

D Hayes wrote: »
    Yes, you could do that, but the rest of the main body content is within the container div too. So all the way down the page, the left and right margin will be 0, which may detract from the aesthetics of the page.

It looks like you've made some progress in the meantime anyway.

Yeah I know what you're saying - I'm new enough to this, I'm just going to have to add margins to the elements below it which is a bit messy. It's my first proper website so it will be the first of many problems I expect !

As I said, using CSS is fresh enough with me but when using Firebug I couldn't find the margin property you did - is it in the CSS or HTML ?

Happy to help! That #container margin is in the style.css file, line 1200.

• Advertisement

ok, i see it now. thanks again

Advertisement