Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

If the latest "leaked pictures" are anything to go by, it looks absolutely horrendous, especially in that mustard colour and the rounded edges just make it look cheap.

qfrpzldgvt46rvbs7fackokvzgi4odeyuzbagwo2eyfbv2tq-eqenngw4t8u-whqv_vjwcbsbrz_6myfet3etlo42xpt2k0csbne85p65rwrnmlsfpwhfxkhhmmdit5gcq

This is what it needs to look like....

iPhone-6-Concept.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ION08 wrote: »
    If the latest "leaked pictures" are anything to go by, it looks absolutely horrendous, especially in that mustard colour and the rounded edges just make it look cheap.

qfrpzldgvt46rvbs7fackokvzgi4odeyuzbagwo2eyfbv2tq-eqenngw4t8u-whqv_vjwcbsbrz_6myfet3etlo42xpt2k0csbne85p65rwrnmlsfpwhfxkhhmmdit5gcq

This is what it needs to look like....

iPhone-6-Concept.jpg

*facepalm*

Thats a crappy picture in lowlight..

And that second picture is an impossible mockup by a "designer" who forgets that there are usually electronic components inside a phone. Its unrealistic, too thin and doesnt look strong at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, that's actually black in the leaked picture, it's just a bad picture. The black lines at the top and bottom are most likely antennae so they have to be there. I think the mockups and leaks aren't too bad, to be honest.

miralize wrote: »
    *facepalm*

Thats a crappy picture in lowlight..

And that second picture is an impossible mockup by a "designer" who forgets that there are usually electronic components inside a phone. Its unrealistic, too thin and doesnt look strong at all..

Yeah I know these concepts are un realistic but the design cues can still be applied to a production model (such as the two chrome strips running along the edges)

That "gold" colour which looks more like mustard looks cheap and tacky, particularly as it is a brushed effect as opposed to Glass/Piano effect.

Also, the rounded edges don't really give it a solid definition.

I know these are leaked images so fingers crossed they make the production model half decent looking, as lets face it, design was always the iPhone's USP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It's not "chrome". It's the same chamfered edges that are visible on the 5 & 5s, just made to look a tad more shiny in the mockup.

iPhone's USP is never one thing. Its the entire thing. If rounded edges help with gripping the phone, then who cares how the back looks? Its still will sit flat on a desk.

And if they are leaked photos, its going to be a photo from the production line. Apple at Cupertino itself has doubled down on secrecy, the only leaks you are going to get is from the supply chain. If these are real, this is what is going to be in our hands come September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm hoping they font just blow up the front to 4.7 inches. It'll be the size of the htc one m8 but with a smaller screen and without front facing stereo speakers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Those antenna bars are very thick.
    Won't be problem inside a cover though!

I think they have to go rounded edges with a bigger body as it makes it easier to get into a pocket, and the top of the phone sticks less into your thigh.

Also, they're trying to mix it up a bit so people won't be complaining it's just a 110% iPhone 5.

Is anyone here not looking forward to a larger screened iPhone the size of these?

I wouldn't mind a larger screen if they reduced the bezels and kept the overall sixpence like the current 5s.

As it stands my 5s barely fits in some jeans pockets I have and it's the limit for me to reach the top of the screen one handed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is anyone here not looking forward to a larger screened iPhone the size of these?

I wouldn't mind a larger screen if they reduced the bezels and kept the overall sixpence like the current 5s.

As it stands my 5s barely fits in some jeans pockets I have and it's the limit for me to reach the top of the screen one handed.

You must have small hands and really small jeans. I'm looking forward to the larger screen. I was looking at the S5 bit I just don't like the OS.

You must have small hands and really small jeans. I'm looking forward to the larger screen. I was looking at the S5 bit I just don't like the OS.

Haha :P

Some if my jeans just have shallow pockets, I suppose as for my hands, they aren't mahoosive but I wouldn't say freakishly small for a man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Mad muffin wears skinny jeans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

While I'd welcome the bigger screen personally (and if a phablet appeared I'd be on it) I think it would be good to have options as opposed to the current situation. Many users might be put off by the bigger size but I do think to fix issues like battery lift the only way it's possible to remedy it is to increase the size of the phone so they can fit a larger battery. It can consume less power through other tricks but battery capacity is the best way to do it.

I've had the S5 - you're not missing much. Laggy and bloated. The HTC M8 is a far better and a match to iOS in terms of build and UI quality as HTC sense is now quite polished. It would be tough for me to chose between it and a 5S but the HTC might just pip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I already can't reach the top corners of the screen with one hand on the 5S but I still would kinda like a larger phone...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I imagine the c model will remain as the 4-inch option into the future. A 4.7-inch iPhone is just never going to suit many people.

I could live with a slightly wider and thinner device, but I don’t fancy a taller one. The 5/5s is tall enough. Plus there’s a part of me that still finds the iPhone too big. It’s the main reason I dithered so much before getting my first one, the 3GS. It may be a different story once I’ve held it my hand but unless the overall volume of the device is the same as the 5, which it won’t be based on mock ups, then I can’t see myself being much interested in the iPhone 6.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I never thought I could use a bigger phone than the iPhone 4S, but I had a Blackberry Z10 for a while which is 4.3 inch, and its a really manageable size. Screen size seemed to be a lot bigger than just .3 of an inch. Not sure about 4.7", but we'll see when it comes out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I personally don't want a bigger iPhone either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kceire wrote: »
    I personally don't want a bigger iPhone either.

thats why there needs to be more than 1 screen size. I wont buy it unless its has at least a 4.7 inch screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

My 5s is fine but I do feel like the sweet spot for the majority of consumers (myself included) has shifted to something in the 4.5-4.7 inch range.

The mock-up of a bigger screen iPhone in the WWDC talks explicitly showed a 1080x1920 resolution (1080p in portrait) so at least it's very unlikely that Apple will just blow up the same resolution as the current gen iPhones for the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Not mad on it, would love a bezel free screen, no border at all.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd like a 4.3-4.5 inch version of it. Anything bigger would be too big for me hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd like a 4.3-4.5 inch version of it. Anything bigger would be too big for me hand.

Get bigger hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone where where I can order shovel hands?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone where where I can order shovel hands?

www.shovelhands.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

^^^^^^
    Looks like crap to be honest, I own the MBP - iPad air and until a couple weeks back the iPhone 5s - would not be caught dead with that though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

pogsick wrote: »
    There isn't any home button, I call bs
    It is bs. One thing we know for sure, without any doubt, is that there'll be a Touch ID sensor somewhere (whether or not it's on the home button, likely but not something we can say with 100% certainty). There's no such sensor anywhere on that thing in the photo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Whatever about anything else, the icons are from iOS 6 or earlier. Not only is it a bad fake, it's an old, bad fake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Whoever is in charge of tech reporting for the Indo should take a long hard look at themselves for letting that mockup get posted on their site.

It's not as if there haven't been dozens of decent mockups probably very close to the actual device to choose from.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Whoever is in charge of tech reporting for the Indo should take a long hard look at themselves for letting that mockup get posted on their site.

It's not as if there haven't been dozens of decent mockups probably very close to the actual device to choose from.

such as this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/apple-iphone-6-leaked-pictures-3752451

Advertisement