Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pretty much.

Though I really hope if anything is wrong about those mockups it's the bizarre antenna stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The independent has one decent tech journalist (Adrian Weckler) and they are a devout android head.

Posting a mirror link here should be a cardable offence :)

Those antenna lines are definitely wrong these mockup are probably only accurate for the essential dimensions. I doubt they'll take the insane detail apple would do for the design of the rear shell.

The same happened with the iPhone 5. Shells leaked and people were like omg that's rotten what are they thinking. As soon as it was officially launch they were covered in spooky ghost ectoplasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

September 19th launch date + 32GB being the entry model? - http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/25/iphone-6-friday-september19-32gb-64gb/

Might head up to Belfast for this!

Will be queuing somewhere for this anyway!

Sept would be great, if true.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Will be queuing somewhere for this anyway!

Sept would be great, if true.

Last two releases were very similar dates so let's hope so. Will try get my 5s sold on the 20th then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A 19th September release means the announcement on 9th or 10th.

So like 11 weeks, at least. :)

Ugh I'm flying home from San Fran on the 19th :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ugh I'm flying home from San Fran on the 19th :(

Ideal, buy in the airport.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ideal, buy in the airport.

Might not be easy find an unlocked one on release day in an airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Aodhagan wrote: »
    September 19th launch date + 32GB being the entry model? - http://www.macrumors.com/2014/06/25/iphone-6-friday-september19-32gb-64gb/

Might head up to Belfast for this!

Excited for this and I may provisionally have a buyer for my 5S. And very glad the Apple store is only 15 minutes from my house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Might not be easy find an unlocked one on release day in an airport?

not a chance in hell...It will be Apple Stores/ Telecoms first weeks before you'd see one in an airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Was all set for this but torn since I saw the OnePlus One, specs and price point compared to what I'd pay for the 6 is very temping, hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Based on an article I read yesterday they reckon that the 5.5inch phone will be the full featured phone with the 4.7 coming in as the budget model. Really hope that's not the case. I always like to have the latest Apple tech when I update my iDevice but I don't want a 5.5inch phone either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Blazer wrote: »
    not a chance in hell...It will be Apple Stores/ Telecoms first weeks before you'd see one in an airport.
    Does anyone know from experience when the phone does be released sim-free?

Heading over to new york in November and gotta keep an eye out on the bands for 4G here and the model on the iphone 6 over there so the phone can receive it here.

squonk wrote: »
    Based on an article I read yesterday they reckon that the 5.5inch phone will be the full featured phone with the 4.7 coming in as the budget model. Really hope that's not the case. I always like to have the latest Apple tech when I update my iDevice but I don't want a 5.5inch phone either.

I can't see that happening. Surely Apple will know that not everyone wants a 5.5" phone. If anything I can imagine it being more like an iPad mini with a phone app rather than a huge iPhone.
    Bummer1234 wrote: »

Heading over to new york in November and gotta keep an eye out on the bands for 4G here and the model on the iphone 6 over there so the phone can receive it here.

The 5S was available sim free on day 1 over here but I think it was a bit later in the US.

Zcott wrote: »
    I can't see that happening. Surely Apple will know that not everyone wants a 5.5" phone.
    Agreed. Heard this rumour a while back and it was unbelievable then, too.

I can't see there being any difference in spec between the two devices; the alternative screen sizes being the defining characteristic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You might be in luck if they release the new phone in September. Typically, it has been November time when they released the sim free version in the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

mad muffin wrote: »
    You might be in luck if they release the new phone in September. Typically, it has been November time when they released the sim free version in the states.

So..The stores in US release the phone to carriers first and then sim-free after awhile but down in belfast its released sim-free from day one?

• Advertisement

So..The stores in US release the phone to carriers first and then sim-free after awhile but down in belfast its released sim-free from day one?

That's basically it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I can't see there being any difference in spec between the two devices; the alternative screen sizes being the defining characteristic.

They worry is that there is quite a swell of rumours that indicate they are having difficulty with various features yield wise, which may or may not lead to one phone having them, the other not.

If that does happen you just know apple will make our it was the plan all along and make one of the phones the 'cheaper' one.

I'd expect that the current size 5S will also get a lot of those feature though?

I certainly don't want a 5.5 phone, but 4.7 should be ok and fit most jeans that the 4 inch does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It will be interesting to see if iConnect get it on release day. If so I think I'll be going to whitewater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

5.5 inch should have a larger battery though, would be a perfect business phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

5.5 inch should have a larger battery though, would be a perfect business phone.

It would be more of a weapon than a phone though!

guil wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if iConnect get it on release day. If so I think I'll be going to whitewater.

I suspect supplies will be limited to carrier stores and Apple stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is very interesting stuff, supposedly the real iPhone 6 display and this seems like it's going to handle pretty much anything. And especially hard to break which would solve a lot of people's problems with these phones. Apple has my interest now... :rolleyes:

Now that's a selling point right there. That screen looks unscratchable and unbreakable. Seriously impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

That looks class. Sapphire display with ~441 PPI, really thin bezels, and all in a size not too much bigger than my 5s. Sounds great to me.

If they throw all that into a back design similar to this with the iPods rounded, but more curved edges
    IMG-0723-1.jpg

instead of those bulging, ugly mockups, and I will be upgrading day one!

iphone-6-vs-iphone-5s-c.jpg
    I hate how the supposed iPhone 6 has those really roundy edges.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    That looks class. Sapphire display with ~441 PPI, really thin bezels, and all in a size not too much bigger than my 5s. Sounds great to me.

If they throw all that into a back design similar to this with the iPods rounded, but more curved edges
    IMG-0723-1.jpg

instead of those bulging, ugly mockups, and I will be upgrading day one!

iphone-6-vs-iphone-5s-c.jpg
    I hate how the supposed iPhone 6 has those really roundy edges.

Yeah, the mockups look like the Lumia 925. Definitely hoping it would look more like the iPod Touch.

Advertisement