Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's a nice idea and Magsafe is a great technology but I don't mind the lightning connector...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think the lightning connector is great too (one of those who's never had a problem with it) but I'd love to have this as my phone sits on my desk in work and it connected/disconnected dozens of times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

If they get the magnet charger to charge as fast as the lightening adapters do then its a step forward otherwise its a step backwards in my opinion.

IPF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

was going to back it until I realised I'm getting iPhone 6 so no point yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Universal changer would be awesome too, but that is pretty neat. Although I like the way the lightning cable can support my iphone upright in my dock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I've a massive pain in my hole forking out for Brodit car holders. It's getting bloody annoying:mad:

DOH! Just noticed this is only an add-on. Thank Jasus.

dodzy wrote: »
    I've a massive pain in my hole forking out for Brodit car holders. It's getting bloody annoying:mad:

Have you tried the Kenu Airframe? Very simple but very solid, clips onto the vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Zcott wrote: »
    Have you tried the Kenu Airframe? Very simple but very solid, clips onto the vents.

This is simply the best:-

Look up on youtube

WONDERHOLDER PROMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

nightster1 wrote: »
    This is simply the best:-

Look up on youtube

WONDERHOLDER PROMO

The problem with that is you need to stick things to your car and phone for it to work.

The AirFrame just slots into your slates and can double as a stand for your phone too.

+1 for the airframe...it just bloody works :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

When is the announcement likely to take place? Early September?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Late September usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Late September usually.

It was September 10th last time & 12th before that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, you’re right. I was thinking of the release.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm California for work in Oct (I think late Oct) so if thats the case hopefully I can pick it up upon release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm California for work in Oct (I think late Oct) so if thats the case hopefully I can pick it up upon release

Usually Apple look after the carriers first and don't release the sim free model straight away in the states so you may not be able to get one in October to take home. I'm sure somebody else can clarify but I think it was November/December or so last year before you could get a sim free one over the counter at an Apple Store.

Usually Apple look after the carriers first and don't release the sim free model straight away in the states so you may not be able to get one in October to take home. I'm sure somebody else can clarify but I think it was November/December or so last year before you could get a sim free one over the counter at an Apple Store.

Yeah, Nov 22nd last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'll be in Orlando over Crimbo & New Year's so usually around December they release sim free in Apple Stores, so I will hold off till then and head the Florida Mall, Apple Store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm in New York from 4th December - 9th December so will weigh up my options closer the time on whether to go back up North or buy in the US.

I'm going with college so no choice in the dates.

I do have a brother in law over there but wouldnt risk customs

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    +1 for the airframe...it just bloody works :)
    Just got it delivered today. I like the actual phone holding mechanism but its very loose in the vent on the A6. I'll look at modding it someway. Its 2 handed in my situation for install and removal. Don't like that idea, long term, at all.

Just got it delivered today. I like the actual phone holding mechanism but its very loose in the vent on the A6. I'll look at modding it someway. Its 2 handed in my situation for install and removal. Don't like that idea, long term, at all.

It has two vent size. Have you tried both?

mad muffin wrote: »
    It has two vent size. Have you tried both?
    You mean just rotating the clip 90 deg ? Yep. Dont get me wrong; it stays in place fine while driving but removing or sitting it in place involves having to apply pressure to the right side spring mechanism. This is causing the problem.

You mean just rotating the clip 90 deg ? Yep. Dont get me wrong; it stays in place fine while driving but removing or sitting it in place involves having to apply pressure to the right side spring mechanism. This is causing the problem.

I just push from the left to right and it comes right out

OSI wrote: »
    We bought a few sim free iPhone 5cs from the Apple Store in Fl. at the start of November when we were in the US last year.

Yeah they were widely because demand was lower than supply. The 5s wasn't until Nov 22nd.

Haven't heard a single report about a 6C so I assume they'll just keep the 5C available for a few years yet.

Apparently 9th of September will be the day of unavailing. Inshallah! 19th of September I'll be lining up at the Belfast store :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

mad muffin wrote: »
    Apparently 9th of September will be the day of unavailing. Inshallah! 19th of September I'll be lining up at the Belfast store :D

Any idea how long before it will be sum free from the irish online store? Won't be able to get up to Belfast

Antibac wrote: »
    Any idea how long before it will be sum free from the irish online store? Won't be able to get up to Belfast

If it keeps to this timeline and you order from the Apple store as soon as it's made available. You should have it in your hands by early November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

slightly better battery news but stills way short of some of the newer android phones

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/apple-iphone-6-battery-may-get-a-power-boost/

Advertisement