Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

peteeeed wrote: »
    slightly better battery news but stills way short of some of the newer android phones

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/apple-iphone-6-battery-may-get-a-power-boost/

I'd take that as a sketchy rumour as there's already been leaks of the supposedly iPhone 6 battery. It could have been changed since but it's probably unlikely.

I'll never understand how Apple don't just add a bit of thickness or just stop slimming it down for a year or two and add battery. It's a constant pain that people moan about. Never heard of anybody complaining how it's too thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'd take that as a sketchy rumour as there's already been leaks of the supposedly iPhone 6 battery. It could have been changed since but it's probably unlikely.

I'll never understand how Apple don't just add a bit of thickness or just stop slimming it down for a year or two and add battery. It's a constant pain that people moan about. Never heard of anybody complaining how it's too thick.

agreed , my iphone 5 battery is really bad , i'm waiting for the specs for the iphone 6 as i'm due an upgrade, the battery life is now a deal breaker for a new phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

mad muffin wrote: »
    Apparently 9th of September will be the day of unavailing. Inshallah! 19th of September I'll be lining up at the Belfast store :D

Any idea what the queues and the available stock were like for the 5S last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Any idea what the queues and the available stock were like for the 5S last year?

I got there about 4:30am there were probably 100 maybe more people in front of me. By the time they got to me there were no gold and only 64GB silver. Before the doors opened at 8am staff came around and gave you a ticket for your chosen iPhone. It was probably another hour by the time I got in. I'd say by the time the doors opened there was a few hundred people behind me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You'd have to think it will be even busier with the iP6. Especially if they have two sizes (yes, unlikely I know).

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    You'd have to think it will be even busier with the iP6. Especially if they have two sizes (yes, unlikely I know).

With each release, they are getting more efficient.

I remember with the iPhone 4 release it was after midday before I left the Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If people are desperate to get one on launch day, can they not just order from the UK website and get delivered to Parcel motel here?

murpho999 wrote: »
    If people are desperate to get one on launch day, can they not just order from the UK website and get delivered to Parcel motel here?

You'll need to have a UK credit card and Apple ID. Probably need to have the card tied to the address.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What phones were in demand on launch day? I'd be happy with a 16gb slate

godtabh wrote: »

They had plenty of those.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

16gb sold out on launch day of the 5 in Belfast IIRC.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll either get in america or a contact in Apple in cork with her staff discount. Just wondering about belfast. Wouldnt even think about going up if there was a chance I wouldnt get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

The problem this year is that the euro is brutal against sterling at the moment so you will definitely be adding a significant premium going to Belfast.

Ideally the irish launch isn't too far behind the uk as I think ill defo wait for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You'll need to have a UK credit card and Apple ID. Probably need to have the card tied to the address.

I ordered the iPad Mini last November on the UK site with my Irish debit card & Parcel Motel address. Don't see why it would be different for the iPhone.

SK1979 wrote: »
    The problem this year is that the euro is brutal against sterling at the moment so you will definitely be adding a significant premium going to Belfast.

Ideally the irish launch isn't too far behind the uk as I think ill defo wait for that.

It's a few euro cheaper buying from UK as of right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You can order from any store but it has to be delivered in the same country as the store.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I ordered the iPad Mini last November on the UK site with my Irish debit card & Parcel Motel address. Don't see why it would be different for the iPhone.

Did they change it? I guess I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya ordered the 5s with irish credit card and parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

I'll either get in america or a contact in Apple in cork with her staff discount. Just wondering about belfast. Wouldnt even think about going up if there was a chance I wouldnt get it

USA stores don't sell sim-free until stock normalises.

Same with staff discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Definitely not true.

Nothing stopping you doing that.

Especially as it's EU, the common market etc.

Plenty of people here last year ordered on line from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The big problem with ordering in the UK via Parcel Motel was the value of the phone versus the standard insurance cover. You can insure it for full value now.

boreder wrote: »
    USA stores don't sell sim-free until stock normalises.

Same with staff discount.

I can get an iPhone now with at least 10% off (its either 13 or 17%0. Got a MacBook Pro with 27% off from my contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

I can get an iPhone now with at least 10% off (its either 13 or 17%0. Got a MacBook Pro with 27% off from my contact.

Yes that is the staff discount 17% for family and friends and 27% for personal use, limits on both of 10 and 1 respectively IIRC but the point stiff stands that staff cannot order using discount until stock normalises...

Yes that is the staff discount 17% for family and friends and 27% for personal use, limits on both of 10 and 1 respectively IIRC but the point stiff stands that staff cannot order using discount until stock normalises...

Ah right I misunderstood what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

thats a chinese knockoff, saw it on reddit a few days ago

That's the iPhone 6 dummy/clone that people have been selling. A lot of tech YouTubers have been doing videos of them.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    That's the iPhone 6 dummy/clone that people have been selling. A lot of tech YouTubers have been doing videos of them.

Crafty devils I take it that the phone when released will be very very similar seems to tie in with all the leaked images so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Again trusting the mirror as a source of news, lol.

The box has an iOS 7 screenshot on it and it's stretched lol (look at the messages icon bubble), no health app on the springboard either.

Advertisement