Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

murpho999 wrote: »
    Definitely not true.

Nothing stopping you doing that.

Especially as it's EU, the common market etc.

Plenty of people here last year ordered on line from the UK.

I did....Irish Card and Parcel Motel

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I love thet way the headline says

Apple iPhone 6 'leaked pictures' show devices in packaging 'ready to hit the shops'

and in the Article....

"Do these images show the iPhone 6 as it will appear in all its retail glory on the high street next month?"

and

"There's no 100% proof that the photos are authentic, but the details on show line up with the dozens of details already seeping onto the web about the next generation Apple handset."

To quote Woody Allen

"It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham"

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Unfortunately all red tops are now click baiting. And what's worse we're all fallen for it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

boreder wrote: »
    USA stores don't sell sim-free until stock normalises.

Same with staff discount.

For the 5s launch you could get sim free from launch, if purchased as an off contract phone.
    They weren't officially sold as sim free, but they were.
    Sadly an Irish credit card couldn't be used to buy one for instore pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I wouldn't think so. The wallpaper should be from iOS 8 and the accessibility pop up looks wrong?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Also... the bizarre bands can't really be staying.

Right? :(

Dades wrote: »

I know right? I never use a case... I'm hoping it'll look better in real life :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

also rumors of 5 icons per row

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If its real why not take a better photo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It's not real it's one of the Chinese clones running android. Skinned to look like iOS but there's no health app, running iOS 7 so most definitely one of those. Can't expect much from TMZ though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Again another click bait link. And it worked. Who'd actually think tmz would have a real phone?

I'm still hoping we haven't seen the real thing. If all these shells going around are the real deal, in terms of what the next iPhone will look like. It's kind of a lazy design IMHO.

Just look at all the latest android and some Nokia. They are all a variation of the design Apple released in 2010. The iPhone 4.

No one has come close to the design of the 5/5s except htc's M7 and M8.

I'm just hoping Apple moves the iPhone design further along.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Getting very worrying seeing them in every single example. Can't believe they will stay though, they are horrendously bad looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'd be really disappointed if the camera isn't flush with the body of the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

copacetic wrote: »
    Getting very worrying seeing them in every single example. Can't believe they will stay though, they are horrendously bad looking.

The bands around the iPhone 5 design were awful at the rumour stages but now they're they're ok, as well as the top and bottom plastic bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Zcott wrote: »
    The bands around the iPhone 5 design were awful at the rumour stages but now they're they're ok, as well as the top and bottom plastic bits.

They're glass, not plastic.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    They're glass, not plastic.

Right. My point still stands :)

A few stories knocking around today about the 5.6 inch battery , hopefully true

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/15/apparent-5-5-inch-iphone6-battery/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Out of interest is there any way of finding out the launch prices on the different networks?

My priority is buying sim free but my sums arent working.

The current 16gb iPhone 5s is €699. I have a €20 sim only plan (the 3 350 flexi plan). So over a 2 year period that would work out at €1179

The current 3 price for a iPhone 5s on the same plan is €179 and €40 per month. THis works out at €1139.

To me it would be better to get the phone through 3 but then I was wondering was the launch price much higher?

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Out of interest is there any way of finding out the launch prices on the different networks?

The price of the 5S was higher than the 5 by about £30 I think in Belfast. I suspect they'll keep the price point the same for the 4.7" iPhone but charge extra for the 5.5".

And the only way to find out the network prices are to wait until they announce them :-(

Zcott wrote: »
    The price of the 5S was higher than the 5 by about £30 I think in Belfast. I suspect they'll keep the price point the same for the 4.7" iPhone but charge extra for the 5.5".

And the only way to find out the network prices are to wait until they announce them :-(

Sorry I meant launch prices for the iPhone 5s

godtabh wrote: »
    Sorry I meant launch prices for the iPhone 5s

Ah, check all the networks and their press release history as they'll probably have announced tariffs there about a year ago.

So the prices havnet changed in a year?
    http://press.three.ie/press_releases/three-continues-to-provide-best-value-iphone-offer/
    iPhone 5s will be available at €129 on our €55 a month price plan and €179 on our €40.66 price plan for the 16GB model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Looks like the 2 different size models is a definite then - 5.5 and 4.7.
    Both models to have the "protruding" camera lens.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/22/iphone-6-leak-foxconn-dimensions/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'll be sticking mine in a case (hopefully Apple will make a leather style version like they have for the 5/5S) so the protruding camera thing doesn't bother me.

I'm still surprised they've (apparently) gone this route and will be even more surprised if those bands remain. Hopefully the FM signal will be better because of them. :D

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Looks like the 2 different size models is a definite then - 5.5 and 4.7.
    Both models to have the "protruding" camera lens.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/22/iphone-6-leak-foxconn-dimensions/

5.5 for me purely in the hope the battery life is better than my iphone 5 which has no juice at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Play.com are selling iPhone cases for a 4.7 inch iPhone 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Seems odd that they'd have any protrusions, as the aim now seems to be to make the devices as slim and sleek as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'll be sticking mine in a case (hopefully Apple will make a leather style version like they have for the 5/5S) so the protruding camera thing doesn't bother me.

I'm still surprised they've (apparently) gone this route and will be even more surprised if those bands remain. Hopefully the FM signal will be better because of them. :D

Yeah, between the bands and protruding lens there is little option really. I've been very happy with that case though.

Advertisement