Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is it an up or an up24? I was aware or huge reliability issues with the up but everything I've read about the up24 has been great.

It's a second generation Up (not 24), but from reading forums and comments, it seems that the Up24 is similarly unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭squonk

It's a second generation Up (not 24), but from reading forums and comments, it seems that the Up24 is similarly unreliable.

Why keep buying them then? I'm serious. I genuinely don't get it as it's like rewarding companies for producing shít quality products. If the customer base stopped buying they'd be forced to either up their quality and address the production issues or bow out.

One previous poster mentioned he's on his 4th device since Christmas! That's insane!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

An up24 has been on my radar too. I'll wait until after the event and buy one if there's no I watch announced.

Can't wait to be in Cupertino on the 9th :).

I ended up giving in, and got a BNIB on Adverts for half RRP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

squonk wrote: »
    Why keep buying them then? I'm serious. I genuinely don't get it as it's like rewarding companies for producing shít quality products. If the customer base stopped buying they'd be forced to either up their quality and address the production issues or bow out.

One previous poster mentioned he's on his 4th device since Christmas! That's insane!

I'm not buying them; they're sending me replacement bands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think if I never look at the back of the phone I'll be happy. Looks very very nice otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

miralize wrote: »
    I think if I never look at the back of the phone I'll be happy. Looks very very nice otherwise

Was just about to post this, from the video it looks a lot better than I expected fully assembled. However the video was very dark and I'd imagine the back doesn't look as good under bright lights. The antannae breaks look better in darker lighting.

Being honest this is one of my least favourite designs of the iPhone since the original. That being said the design doesn't bother me too much, the overall build quality and the front of the device will still look great. I always slap a case on mine anyway so it'll do fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Hmm. I thought it looked great.

I've always loved the iPod touch design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Stripes on the back look terrible but the front looks amazing. Kinda want one quite a lot now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You'll all change your minds when you hold it. One thing video can't show you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Got the 5s last April and the battery is a serous issue for me now, wouldn't be on it all the time but am charging at least twice a day, closing apps, screen almost completely dark and still can't keep the battery. It's a lot of work carrying a charger around. Battery improvement should be number 1.

Anyone else have the same problem or should I maybe take it to the shop and see what they say.

I read somewhere that there is a battery recall for some iPgone 5 models. Sounds like you could be one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I read somewhere that there is a battery recall for some iPgone 5 models. Sounds like you could be one of those.

Not an iPhone 5s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

So folks, do you think that video shows the actual IP6 ? The finished article ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dodzy wrote: »
    So folks, do you think that video shows the actual IP6 ? The finished article ?
    I'd say it's 95%+ accurate (stat pulled from my ass). Have yet to see Apple able to pull off a surprise iPhone shape in all the years of watching the leaks v releases.

This is the shape I hoped the iPhone 5 would be. Been waiting two years for it now. I just hope the slave/drone factories have been working at capacity so that I can bloody get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Looking at this latest video. I like what I'm looking at. Having colour coded the band makes a big difference.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Looking at this latest video. I like what I'm looking at. Having colour coded the band makes a big difference.

The bands were always colour matched to the device. There's another video from a few days ago and again the design looks a bit different under light. The breaks are coloured to the device but don't look as good because they're brighter in the different lighting.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The bands were always colour matched to the device. There's another video from a few days ago and again the design looks a bit different under light. The breaks are coloured to the device but don't look as good because they're brighter in the different lighting.

As you say. I'm still buying it :D

mad muffin wrote: »
    As you say. I'm still buying it :D

Probably the same here, but it's iOS that keeps me using it. Just have to see what features this will have before I decide whether to upgrade. The bigger screen would be nice as long as the phone isn't too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its all about the battery for me if the rumours of a 2915 mAh for the 5.5" then thats the one for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

peteeeed wrote: »
    its all about the battery for me if the rumours of a 2915 mAh for the 5.5" then thats the one for me

+1

I'm waiting for the details on the 5.5" and the Note 4 (announced tomorrow) before making a decision.

peteeeed wrote: »

A lot of the extra battery will be needed for the larger screen although the new A8 chip is supposed to be more power efficient so you'll definitely see some sort of difference. A two day battery would be nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'm annoyed that it looks like the 5.5" is gonna be the flagship phone, while the 4.7" lags behind in the screen resultion, camera and sapphire -allegedly.

I hope they do it like the iPad Air and mini where they're both exactly the same (more or less), just in two different sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that it looks like the 5.5" is gonna be the flagship phone, while the 4.7" lags behind in the screen resultion, camera and sapphire -allegedly.

I hope they do it like the iPad Air and mini where they're both exactly the same (more or less), just in two different sizes.

agreed. 4.7" would be perfect IMO if fully loaded. 5.5" is a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

For a company that kept going on about having a phone that is useable in one hand I find it hard to see them making a phone as big as 5.5inch their flagship phone and leave the 4.7inch lacking. It just seems like awful business to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The 4.7” will hardly be lacking. The rumours suggest that both phones will have an upgraded camera but the 5.5" might have optical image stabilisation. And the 5.5" might have Sapphire, but only maybe. There's still a chance both models will have it.

Either way, the 4.7" will be a good upgrade from the 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Vanessa2003

Supposed to be more expensive as well comparing to IPhone 5s ?
    Paying 800 € for 16 Gb , 12 Mp 4.7 phone is redicilus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Jofspring wrote: »
    For a company that kept going on about having a phone that is useable in one hand I find it hard to see them making a phone as big as 5.5inch their flagship phone and leave the 4.7inch lacking. It just seems like awful business to me.

That was just marketing ****e and nothing to do with usability.

I'm really interested in the larger phone, but I'm bracing myself for a price that's astronomical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Apple as a company annoys me, but I do love the feel of iPhones and the 6 is looking great so far, but not to be that guy, does no one else notice it looks an awful lot like the HTC One, specially the M8 Mini?

That or a stretched out iPhone 3G. Either way it looks a damn site better than the 5 series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It looks like a crossover of an HTC and Smasung Galaxy from first look at that video.

If the prices are scandalous it may be what tips more over the edge toward one of the androids, something I most definitely would prefer not to have to do. I want a minimum 64gb iPhone. If you are talking more than the €899 it cost the last time they are taking the piss.

I know the one hand thing was mainly marketing but a lot of iPhone users themselves have also stated the singlehanded usability as a major plus. Making the smaller of the two phones the poorer phone would be silly and you may as well wait and see if a cheaper 6c comes out next year if the 4.7 is anyway lacking.

If anything it resembles the Samsung Ativ S.

• Advertisement

I think it resembles the latest iPod Touch, I don't see the HTC influence. I'd more see a Samsung S5 influence but again I'm pretty sure it's based on iPod Touch.

Advertisement