Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    If the 4.7" version doesn't have the same camera or sapphire, I wouldn't buy it, myself.

It should have 2GB of RAM too. Safari tabs have to reload far too often

I'll wait it out till iPhone 7. I'm sure the RAM and base memory will be upped a fair bit by then.

Wouldn't be happy either about it...the 5s should be the new entry point with both the 4.7 and 5.5 inch phones the same specs apart from size.
    If they do go that way I'm off to HTC M8. There's no way I'm lugging a 5.5 inch phone around with me because it has a better spec than the 4.7.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Given what little emphasis Apple place on internal specs, I can’t see them doing anything like that.

I think most of the speculation about the 5.5-inch having a superior camera, screen, etc is coming from useless tech analysts more familiar with how Android and PC manufacturers operate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Given what little emphasis Apple place on internal specs, I can’t see them doing anything like that.

I think most of the speculation about the 5.5-inch having a superior camera, screen, etc is coming from useless tech analysts more familiar with how Android and PC manufacturers operate.

I really hope your right, I don't enjoy those huge phablet sized phones. At the same time, from the pictures I've seem it looks like the iPhones might not be too different size wise, the bezel on the 5.5" seems much smaller than the previous phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    If the 4.7" version doesn't have the same camera or sapphire, I wouldn't buy it, myself.

It should have 2GB of RAM too. Safari tabs have to reload far too often

I'll wait it out till iPhone 7. I'm sure the RAM and base memory will be upped a fair bit by then.

Just remember you'll be waiting two years for the 7. Next year will be the iPhone 6S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Just remember you'll be waiting two years for the 7. Next year will be the iPhone 6S.

I know. I had a 4 and went to the 5S. I don't like being on the S cycle, so I'll wait to switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

peteeeed wrote: »

Losers. Seriously who camps over night in a city for 18 days for a phone?

Do they not have jobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It was fun back in the day when a new iPhone was an industry-changing thing. But these days it seems to be mostly people being paid to queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

godtabh wrote: »

Do they not have jobs?

apple employees ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Do they not have jobs?
    Some people will be bankrolled by Mummy and Daddy, but many will be professional queuers - they take orders from wealthy people with real jobs and charge them a 100% markup on the phone. If the phone is $600 and you buy ten of them and sell to your customers for $1000 each, that's $4000 for 18 days of queueing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Do they not have jobs?

That is their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

peteeeed wrote: »
    apple employees ?

No it's not apple. It's professional queuers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Some of those queuers are promoting their own apps and whatnot.
    It's not just innocent geekery.

Considering the lengths people go to get on TV/become famous this looks like a walk in the park.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

seamus wrote: »
    Some people will be bankrolled by Mummy and Daddy, but many will be professional queuers - they take orders from wealthy people with real jobs and charge them a 100% markup on the phone. If the phone is $600 and you buy ten of them and sell to your customers for $1000 each, that's $4000 for 18 days of queueing.
    Something tells me that no where on this green earth will any one person be walking out of a store with 10 handsets on opening day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

seamus wrote: »

100% markup on a $600 phone is $1200, not $1000 as you mentioned. So it would be $6000 for 18 days of queueing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

As much as I do enjoy the queue for a few hours, I don't know if I'll be picking up the 6 on launch day. Anyone sold their previous phones yet and waiting for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Zcott wrote: »
    As much as I do enjoy the queue for a few hours, I don't know if I'll be picking up the 6 on launch day. Anyone sold their previous phones yet and waiting for it?

I won't be selling my 5s this year. My wife is going to inherit it. I definitely will be doing my two and a half hour annual pilgrimage to Belfast for the next iPhone. :D

Have been doing it since the iPhone 4. :p

mad muffin wrote: »
    I won't be selling my 5s this year. My wife is going to inherit it. I definitely will be doing my two and a half hour annual pilgrimage to Belfast for the next iPhone. :D

When will you be turning pro?

• Advertisement

When will you be turning pro?

Haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've probably seen you in the queue a few times, it's only down the road from my house. Might call down for the 6 and accidentally end up in the queue...

Zcott wrote: »
    I've probably seen you in the queue a few times, it's only down the road from my house. Might call down for the 6 and accidentally end up in the queue...

I wish I could just mosey on down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not sure if I want to make my third trip up.. from Limerick.. on public transport... but shur who knows

miralize wrote: »
    Not sure if I want to make my third trip up.. from Limerick.. on public transport... but shur who knows

Now that's commitment. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Why? :confused:

quad_red wrote: »
    Why? :confused:

Why what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

What time do you start too queue at?

What time do you start too queue at?

4:30am usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pfft amateurs :P

Advertisement