Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

miralize wrote: »
    Pfft amateurs :P

Not everyone can afford queue waiters :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mad muffin wrote: »
    Not everyone can afford queue waiters :p

TBh i had no choice last time but to queue at 2am. Bus arrived into Belfast at that time

TBh i had no choice last time but to queue at 2am. Bus arrived into Belfast at that time

You where probably in and out by 9am?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I'm doing a bingo card for the event and I'm looking for suggestions. You can see what I've got already here:
    http://karlmonaghan.com/iphone6bingo/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Oh yeah. 9:30 I think. Back in limerick by 3:30-4pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

4:30am usually.

Was there many waiting when you arrived last year.

Was there many waiting when you arrived last year.

I'd say there was probably around 100 people ahead of me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I arrived at about 12.30 am for the 5 launch. I was in and served at 8.03am and back on the road then by 8.20am.

kceire wrote: »
    I arrived at about 12.30 am for the 5 launch. I was in and served at 8.03am and back on the road then by 8.20am.

For the iPhone 4 launch I got there at 7:30 and you could reserve it to pick up. Wasn't out till midday.

For the iPhone 4 launch I got there at 7:30 and you could reserve it to pick up. Wasn't out till midday.

Yeah that was great. For the iPhone 4 I reserved it online and just drove up and collected it. That was a great system!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not sure if I want to make my third trip up.. from Limerick.. on public transport... but shur who knows
    I may take the plunge this year and head up so if I do decide you'll be welcome to get a lift with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Am I the only one who buys these things on a contract ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

peteeeed wrote: »
    Am I the only one who guys these things on a contract ?

THis is the first year I am considering doing it without a contract. I'll do the sums and work it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

godtabh wrote: »
    THis is the first year I am considering doing it without a contract. I'll do the sums and work it out

I'm in the same boat at the moment. I have family and friends with Meteor, bit it might financially work out to upgrade to a 4G plan this year with the 6.

My only problem is the network never get enough 32gb versions so least I'm guaranteed one if I buy up north.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i'm on a €20 plan. add another €5 for 4g. I'd be happy to go sim free if the numbers stack up

i'm on a €20 plan. add another €5 for 4g. I'd be happy to go sim free if the numbers stack up

I'm on

400 mins
    400 texts
    Free Meteor-Meteor calls
    Free Meteor -Meteor texts
    2gb Data

€25P/M

I can get upgrades but the iPhone or galaxy are usually expensive (€600ish)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Talk of a one-handed mode, though I’m not sure how it would work. Hopefully better than the laughable crap Android manufactures have come up with.

It’s a shame Apple can’t force developers to properly implement swipe to navigate gestures. Even the third-party apps that do support them don’t do so consistently.

At the moment I'm with 48 but getting the 6 I'll go 4G Meteor are doing Unlimted Calls and Texts and 15gb with 4G for €35 a month but it's a 12 month contract. The €20 deal with 3 looks good can you teather?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

At the moment I'm with 48 but getting the 6 I'll go 4G Meteor are doing Unlimted Calls and Texts and 15gb with 4G for €35 a month but it's a 12 month contract. The €20 deal with 3 looks good can you teather?

3 don't allow tethering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

whiterebel wrote: »
    3 don't allow tethering.

Eh, I'm on 3 prepay and tethering works. Never had any problems either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

makoten wrote: »

There's a difference between them allowing it, and it working. They seem to have managed to stop a few people doing it recently, not surprising considering Three (UK) figured it out a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

makoten wrote: »

It works. But you're not supposed to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

whiterebel wrote: »
    There's a difference between them allowing it, and it working. They seem to have managed to stop a few people doing it recently, not surprising considering Three (UK) figured it out a while ago.

Ah gotcha. I don't really use much data, only occasionally sharing my connection with others sometimes for looking up info or checking emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

cannot wait to get a iPhone 6 - have a trip to Belfast though the end of September so might pick up a sim free version then. have a mint 5s slate grey i might sell on as the wife like the HTC One m7 she has. - Seen this video here in high res and it looks like a good size in the hand but would like to see it in the flesh also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Re. people getting the iphone on a contract - what's the usual starting price for one of these as against the big android flagships? Just as a comparison I mean - is the iphone usually more expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I've always got them on contract cos u couldn't afford it otherwise. So far the most I spent on an upgrade was €99 however I got a trade in of €180 for the old iPhone.

I'm with vodafone now on red business super. Unlimited calls and texts to Ireland and uk. 8gb data. Unlimited roaming calls and texts in the uk. 500 mins and texts roaming in Europe and USA. 300mb roaming data. 1000 mins and texts to other international numbers.

All for €75 a month and the phone was nothing upfront with a yearly upgrade.

three launched the iphone 5s at €129 upfront and €55 a month for 2 years. Thats a cost of €1449 add in another €120 for 4g

For the €40 (€45 with 4g) plan over 2 years and €179 upfront you are talking €1259

For an 18 month contract you are talking €350 upfront, €45 a month for 18 months bringing the cost up to €1159

If the base model costs €700 and on my current plan (plus 4g) the total cost would be €1300 over 24 months €1150 over 18 months

Unless I am doing my sums wrong it doesn't make sense to buy sim free

guil wrote: »
    I've always got them on contract cos u couldn't afford it otherwise. So far the most I spent on an upgrade was €99 however I got a trade in of €180 for the old iPhone.

I'm with vodafone now on red business super. Unlimited calls and texts to Ireland and uk. 8gb data. Unlimited roaming calls and texts in the uk. 500 mins and texts roaming in Europe and USA. 300mb roaming data. 1000 mins and texts to other international numbers.

All for €75 a month and the phone was nothing upfront with a yearly upgrade.

Is that a 12 month contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is that a 12 month contract?

No 24 month but if I get a new phone every year it won't really matter. Very happy with vodafones coverage and service so doubt I'll look to change networks.

Advertisement