Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,089 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just looks like an stretched iPhone 5, would they get the away with that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How different is that to Samsung putting out the same phone 3 years in a row? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Maybe Jonny put all his design efforts into the "iWatch"?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Maybe Jonny put all his design efforts into the "iWatch"?

Hah, possibly!

Is there definitely an iwatch being unveiled?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hah, possibly!

Is there definitely an iwatch being unveiled?

That's the word on the street.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    How different is that to Samsung putting out the same phone 3 years in a row? :pac:

That's a fairly childish reply mate.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's a fairly childish reply mate.

Well, I'm not proud of it, but its not much worse than saying "its just a stretched out iphone". Too much emhpasis on external features.

Question is, what would you change on a phone that sells like hotcakes as is??

That's the word on the street.

Really interested to see what Apple come up with. The Android wear devices have been relatively poor efforts apart from the Moto 360.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really interested to see what Apple come up with. The Android wear devices have been relatively poor efforts apart from the Moto 360.

I have 10 watches. If the "iWatch" is tempting, I might have to sell a few :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Who cares about the latest iPhone. No point in buying the 6 anyway. Wait for the the 6s, 6c, 7, 7s, 7c, 8 .... Fingerprint recognition, retinal scan, who gives a f*ucK...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

People will think you are cool if you buy one, buy some friends...

Johngoose wrote: »
    Who cares about the latest iPhone. No point in buying the 6 anyway. Wait for the the 6s, 6c, 7, 7s, 7c, 8 .... Fingerprint recognition, retinal scan, who gives a f*ucK...

Why so angry? :(

I like nice things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Calm down there, kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I was hoping it would have a more enlarged 4s look but it does actually look like a stretched iphone 5, given I hated the 5 long look I'll be giving it a miss I think if that pic is accurate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So guys what's everyone's opinions for the event next week. I'll be picking up a new handset around November so thinking of coming back to IOS.
    At the minute I've a Samsung galaxy note 3 so the rumours of a larger 6 intrigue me.
    So I think it'll be a choice between the new 6 or a Note 4/Edge.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So guys what's everyone's opinions for the event next week. I'll be picking up a new handset around November so thinking of coming back to IOS.
    At the minute I've a Samsung galaxy note 3 so the rumours of a larger 6 intrigue me.

I discount anything Samsung simply because of TouchWiz.

Besides the next iPhone, the new Moto X and the Sony Xperia Z3 are somewhat interesting. Ultimately iOS 8 is what really sways me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Millions of people worldwide, but maybe not you.

Hahaha, give me a friend who's as well designed, has the same amazing apps and runs iOS and I might actually take you up on that offer. Oh but make sure he doesn't have a camera that protrudes from the back. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yep, i'll never buy a Samsung again. touchwiz is **** and they're a ripoff. have a Nexus 5 now and a OnePlusOne ordered. both great value at €350 unlocked. i'm coming back to iOS for the first time since the 3g for the bigger screen mainly. and I also want to code more iOS apps. it's hard to get interfaces right when you don't have a user's feel for the phone.

the biggest thing i'm worried about is the lack of a back button! how do people go back screens in an iOS app if there's no back button? have to press home and go back in again?! it's bizaree that a bigger deal isn't made of this, or maybe i'm missing something simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

yep, i'll never buy a Samsung again. touchwiz is **** and they're a ripoff. have a Nexus 5 now and a OnePlusOne ordered. both great value at €350 unlocked. i'm coming back to iOS for the first time since the 3g for the bigger screen mainly. and I also want to code more iOS apps. it's hard to get interfaces right when you don't have a user's feel for the phone.

the biggest thing i'm worried about is the lack of a back button! how do people go back screens in an iOS app if there's no back button? have to press home and go back in again?! it's bizaree that a bigger deal isn't made of this, or maybe i'm missing something simple

In iOS7 they added a function that if you swipe you can go back wards and forwards :) It works in the browser and messaging/emails of the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The biggest thing i'm worried about is the lack of a back button! how do people go back screens in an iOS app if there's no back button? have to press home and go back in again?! it's bizaree that a bigger deal isn't made of this, or maybe i'm missing something simple

Well the individual apps do have back buttons, usually in the top left corner of the screen. But as mentioned above a lot of apps now support swiping from the edge of the screen to go back and forward.

I discount anything Samsung simply because of TouchWiz.

Besides the next iPhone, the new Moto X and the Sony Xperia Z3 are somewhat interesting. Ultimately iOS 8 is what really sways me.

Yea the Moto X caught my eye as well but not sure how easily available it will be here. I agree on touchwiz as it can be frustrating at times and does have have a lot of memory used by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yea the Moto X caught my eye as well but not sure how easily available it will be here. I agree on touchwiz as it can be frustrating at times and does have have a lot of memory used by it.

Moto X or next Nexus device (rumoured to be a phablet) sound interesting. The Note 4 looks like a disappointment but I'm waiting on reviews to see just how bad touch Wiz is on it.

I'm using an s5 at the moment and it ruins what should be a pretty decent phone based on the specs. It's incredibly laggy, haven't had this much lag since the time I used a basic HTC wildfire for a couple of days when my 4s got damaged. Coming from a 5s immediately beforehand which could stutter at times itself it's like going back to the stone age. I've had every Samsung "flagship" bar the S4 and they are getting very staid. It's unfortunate that I'm also thinking the same with what I have seen if the iPhone 6 too so far. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I think the 5.5" version will be a great phone going by leaks. Best camera, sapphire pretty much a guarantee, big battery, slimmer bezels, and won't have quite the stretched-out look of the iPhone 5.

If it wasn't so big I'd get that one eventually.

Also, why the feck would you want a galaxy edge? You must really love pressing screen buttons accidentally or something :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Cut it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DubDJ wrote: »
    Supposedly a photo of working iPhone 6. The mobile payments system is also looking like it'll be added to passbook. I'm glad because the last thing I wanted was another stock app I can't remove.

fFk2oOx.jpg

Put the wife's iPhone beside the iPad and scaled the photo. I think I life the scale just not the aspect ratio

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I think the 5.5" version will be a great phone going by leaks. Best camera, sapphire pretty much a guarantee, big battery, slimmer bezels, and won't have quite the stretched-out look of the iPhone 5.

If it wasn't so big I'd get that one eventually.

Also, why the feck would you want a galaxy edge? You must really love pressing screen buttons accidentally or something :pac:

I like the idea of the curved edge to be honest and I think once developers get their hands on it they could come up with some nice ideas to use it. That being said it would depend how it felt in the hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I think the only purpose of the edge is to show that they can do it. It's only going to be a special edition available in limited markets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ShaneU wrote: »
    Possibly fake, be wary of loud annoying music.

Best leaks so far.

Advertisement