Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

mad muffin wrote: »

Oh this would be lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

uisce33 wrote: »
    Oh this would be lovely

mmmmmm...no more bezel...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, that's what I want from an iPhone 6. It's funny how those few mm can make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

uisce33 wrote: »
    Oh this would be lovely

Not in my view. No design change worth a jot. Too thin, and therefore crap battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't get why these concepts are given any credence here.

They are just slick videos made up by someone and nothing to do with Apple.

It's hardly genius or ground-breaking to make the phone wider and thinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

murpho999 wrote: »

I think we all know that they're nothing to do with Apple. This is just speculation taken to another level where folks create digital mockups of what they'd like to see. A bit of harmless fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What next? No Santa Claus? No Tooth Fairy? No Easter Bunny?

You heartless bastard :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What next? No Santa Claus? No Tooth Fairy? No Easter Bunny?

You heartless bastard :p

Yes, and WWE wrestling is all staged as well!

Yes, and WWE wrestling is all staged as well!

WHAT?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

WHAT?! :eek:

Let me guess.. You thought UFC was real and WWE was not?!!

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Let me guess.. You thought UFC was real and WWE was not?!!

I'm… sorry. I'm too… upset to talk right now… *sob* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I'm… sorry. I'm too… upset to talk right now… *sob* :(

Next they will be telling us that Cupid isn't real either or indeed Mother Nature

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Next they will be telling us that Cupid isn't real either or indeed Mother Nature
    or that Android is a decent OS :pac:

*inserts fingers in ears* *rocks back and forth in the corner*

not listening, not listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Back on topic, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Back on topic, please.

There is nothing to be on topic about. We have no information about the phone, Vinnie Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Don't see the home button going anywhere. Great discovery tool, and if Apple want a one-handed device - which they do - I don't see touch response being practical for the thumb that far down tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

So apparently Apple may stick with the 8MP camera but focus on improving the camera components to improve image quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

So apparently Apple may stick with the 8MP camera but focus on improving the camera components to improve image quality
    the camera is a tricky one.

ramping up the megapixel count only works up to about 12mp, after that it's kinda useless. the quality can't really get vastly better without fitting more camera lens' between the outside of the phone and the sensor, doing that increases the thickness of the phone.

catch 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

They're just keeping the 8mp camera simply because they don't want the camera lens to protrude like the Galaxy S5. But keeping it at 8mp also means we won't be seeing 4k video recording. I hope they at least improve the front camera for 1080p video.

I actually wouldn't mind if they slightly increase the thickness of the phone, but seeing as how Apple only insists on making thinner devices it seems unlikely to happen.

• Advertisement

This is what they have already done with the 5s. Great decision. This inane obsession with megapixels is so dumb. Picture quality is way way more important than raw megapixels and a comparison between iPhone 5s photos and the higher pixel competition shows that clearly. Thank goodness we have actual leadership i technology instead of slave companies.

Some nice concepts here, first two have the bezel less display.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

makoten wrote: »
    but seeing as how Apple only insists on making thinner devices it seems unlikely to happen.

Not necessarily. They made the iPad 3rd Generation & iPad Mini 2nd generation thicker in order to give them retina displays so there isn't anything to stop them slightly increasing the next iPhone if it is justified by a much better camera.

Regarding the thickness. I wouldn't want the phone getting much thinner really. The improvement from 4s to 5 was great but any thinner and it will feel like an iPod Touch.

Some nice concepts here, first two have the bezel less display.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

These 'designers' are so hopeless. They make pretty pictures but have no idea about what it takes, technically and cost wise, to achieve the dimensions and bezel-lessness they 'dream up'.

Piliger wrote: »
    These 'designers' are so hopeless. They make pretty pictures but have no idea about what it takes, technically and cost wise, to achieve the dimensions and bezel-lessness they 'dream up'.

Yeah they aren't submitting these to Apple to be the finished product. They are doing it for fun.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Piliger wrote: »
    Are you an Apple engineer who's just been emailed these by his boss and told that this is what he wants? Can't think otherwise why you'd be so bothered with random, pretty concept art.

I reckon the last image with a bit of bevel is more realistic as the lip of a case might problems otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭squonk

I hate those 'rendered concept' articles year on year. It's always just a bunch of designers having a go at being Johnnie Ive. Let them at it of course, it's their stock and trade and I suppose a few of them want to get noticed by other companies but does every single one have to be seized on by the media and thrown in our face? I'm only interested really in the fuzzy leaked pics we'll do doubt start seeing turn up around mid summer. At least there's something concrete there. The rest is just noise!

This is an apparent leak of a case mold for the iphone 6 giving a slight idea of what the phone may be like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Third party case makers don't have any inside information on future Apple designs. Cases are dirt cheap to make so they just gamble based on rumours.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    I hate those 'rendered concept' articles year on year. It's always just a bunch of designers having a go at being Johnnie Ive.

They are almost as bad as you having a go at spelling Jony Ive's name :-P

Advertisement