Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: News & Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Aodhagan wrote: »

At the start I hated the two glass panels on the iPhone 5, now I hope they stay.

Also, fúck that protruding camera lens. It's gonna make it annoying to leave down on a table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Those renders do look amazing, only thing id be worried about is the battery in such a slim phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hmmmm. Not feeling those antenna bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    At the start I hated the two glass panels on the iPhone 5, now I hope they stay.

Also, fúck that protruding camera lens. It's gonna make it annoying to leave down on a table

Yeah..at least make the back rounded like the 3gs to allow bigger battery and non-protruding lens.

• Advertisement

Thoughts?

From that picture it looks like the front facing camera is being swapped with the ambient light sensor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Thoughts?

Aye, appears to be an incremental progression in size. If the final product will be anything similar we'll have to wait and see but if the size is similar then it appears reasonably ergonomic without exceeding the realms of comfort.

And another.

Definitely something I will want to get a feel for in store before buying if it's going to be that big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

And another.

Definitely something I will want to get a feel for in store before buying if it's going to be that big.

I had an S4 and now Im using an iPhone again. After you use a big screen you cant use a small one anymore. A bigger screen is simply amazing

Also the bezel is still there on the phones in those pics which is contrary to all the other "leaked" designs and fan digital renderings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mr.S wrote: »
    After going from a iPhone 4S to HTC One to a iPhone 5S, you really miss the bigger screen, using an iPhone feels horrible now.

Hopefully the 6 is like the above, much needed.

Its not horrible, its just a bit cramped. I followed that path too, had HTC & iPhone both at once and always webt back to iPhone though. The HTC One's button placement & app quality were the main issues tbh.

If it can have this "iPad styled" form factor I think it would look amazing

XkwB2HF.jpg

If it can have this "iPad styled" form factor I think it would look amazing

XkwB2HF.jpg

I think that looks a bit dated tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm hoping this isn't real. I was hoping they'd reduce the bezel if screen size were to increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

miralize wrote: »
    I think that looks a bit dated tbh

Looks more like a Galaxy S3 than anything else. What makes the iPhone look dated compared to the top end Droids is bezel size relative to screen size.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i like it. Of it came in at least a 4.7 inch screen i'd be all over it

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you browse / watch media quite a lot for longer periods of time, then the bigger screen is a god send, which is what I would use it for, while I prefer iOS / Apple over Android / HTC, visually the screen was far far more superior on the One.

Size wise I'd agree but the colours seemed just a tad washed out on my HTC. I do miss the speakers though!

8GB iPhone 5c now on sale in Ireland. For €50 less. I wish Apple released sales figures by product so we could see how many of those they actually sell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

If this is the 6 then Apple have really lost the design king claims. A big screen is essential in a range of consumer devices but putting the usual top and bottom on a bigger screen would tell me that there is a serious failure of design imagination and ultimately management going on. I will wait until I see the new device or devices , and the iWatch if it is being made, and pick my next upgrade carefully. I don't think Apples attempts at secrecy serve any useful purpose now. Waiting until October means for me they better deliver a show stopper not an outdated design. I'm getting p***ed off.

If this is the 6 then Apple have really lost the design king claims. A big screen is essential in a range of consumer devices but putting the usual top and bottom on a bigger screen would tell me that there is a serious failure of design imagination and ultimately management going on. I will wait until I see the new device or devices , and the iWatch if it is being made, and pick my next upgrade carefully. I don't think Apples attempts at secrecy serve any useful purpose now. Waiting until October means for me they better deliver a show stopper not an outdated design. I'm getting p***ed off.

Pissed off at what? And why? Bizarre reaction to a phone tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

As are a lot of Apple users it seems. I'd be happy enough with the big screen myself, I'm not pushed on a massive redesign but I get what you mean completely.

As are a lot of Apple users it seems. I'd be happy enough with the big screen myself, I'm not pushed on a massive redesign but I get what you mean completely.

Yeah like a redesigned body is nice but when you're looking at the front of the phone 99% of the time, and if it hasn't changed much since the original iPhone, you could be a bit sick of it when you could have a bigger screen in the same or slightly bigger form factor. A bit of innovation of the front of the iPhone is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Yeah like a redesigned body is nice but when you're looking at the front of the phone 99% of the time, and if it hasn't changed much since the original iPhone, you could be a bit sick of it when you could have a bigger screen in the same or slightly bigger form factor. A bit of innovation of the front of the iPhone is needed.

I used to be of the same thinking, but then you realise most phones are the same. Samsung's phones have been the same for years too.

There's only so much you can do with a phone before it starts to plateau and I think people have unrealistic expectations for how phones should innovate.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I used to be of the same thinking, but then you realise most phones are the same. Samsung's phones have been the same for years too.

There's only so much you can do with a phone before it starts to plateau and I think people have unrealistic expectations for how phones should innovate.

Yeah I understand but take the S3 to S4 for example. They increased the screen size and made the phone smaller by reducing the bezels. That's the sort of thing you would like to see Apple do. Not just do the take the exact same style and make it longer and wider. I would probably still end up getting the new iPhone but would definitely welcome a shake up of how the front panel looks.

Going by this thread, the bezel seems to be the most common design enhancement that users want and to be fair it's probably the next step in the iPhone's screen development.

Passenger wrote: »
    Going by this thread, the bezel seems to be the most common design enhancement that users want and to be fair it's probably the next step in the iPhone's screen development.

Well if those leaked pictures are real, the most likely time we will see the bezels reduced would be the iPhone 7 or whatever they call it by then. Unless the rumoured 5.5" iPhone is real and delivers that kind of redesign (which should have to be the case?)

Pissed off at what? And why? Bizarre reaction to a phone tbh.

Depends how much you use it and for what. You're obviously happy with the landline.

Depends how much you use it and for what. You're obviously happy with the landline.

Content with my 5s, 5, 4s, 4 and 3GS. Happy to see a bigger screen on the 6 but also happy that it has never changed from what makes an iPhone a good phone.

But thanks for that pointless dig!

Content with my 5s, 5, 4s, 4 and 3GS. Happy to see a bigger screen on the 6 but also happy that it has never changed from what makes an iPhone a good phone.

But thanks for that pointless dig!

Happy to return the favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'm getting really tired of the whole waiting game with Apple. Upgrades once a year may suit them from a financial perspective but it doesn't suit me.

Bought a 5S to do me for another year. Sure if they release it in September it will be Christmas until it's readily available. And if they release a 5.5 inch one around Christmas time we won't get our hand on it until next March or April.

Based on what's being leaked so far it's hardly going to be groundbreaking anyway.

Advertisement