Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Forwarding

Options
  • 17-02-2014 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Hello Blacknight people,

I've got two domains setup for a customer a .com and .ie for a simple wordpress website.

The website is based in Ireland but I wanted to make sure that any attempts to visit the .com address would forward the user to the customers site.

I've only found this tutorial for forwarding but I don't get the same menus mentioned in the text.

Click on Home at the top of the screen
    Now click on Hosted Domains
    Now click on the domain in question
    Now click on the Web tab
    Now click Change Hosting

(All of those steps are fine, the next steps are the problem as there is no dropdown menu, only the following:

Change Web Hosting

Do not enter WWW in the domain name
    Web Hosting
    Hosting: Website (Microsoft IIS)
    Subscription: Windows Shared Minimus 2008 R2

Next>> Cancel )

In the dropdown menu for Hosting please choose Standard Forwarding or Frame Forwarding, then click Next
    Now in the Forwarding URL box please type the address of the site you wish to forward to
    Now click Next until you finish
    Please note that forwarding may take upto an hour to take effect.

I tried to go on with the settings despite the difference in menus, but I didn't know what to choose.
    Is there something missing from my setup? Or are these instructions just for an older version of CP?
    I can PM the specifics of the domains if necessary.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement