Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use an e-cigar?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to try a cigar, but have never done so, I don't really want to put so many dangerous chemicals in my body. A friend of mine shared a link on Facebook, which was a disposable e-cigar. I'm very interested in trying this, as it would allow me to try a cigar without all the chemicals, or any risk of nicotine addiction at all, as nicotine free exists. Has anyone tried something like this? does it give a real cigar experience? And the e-cigar I saw was on an American website for $30, anyone know of a cheaper one or one on a site closer to home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

You could always get a cheap e-cig and some havana liquid.
    Some sellers on adverts.ie are selling basic devices for around 10 or 12 Euro.

As for juice, perhaps try here only a couple of quid!
    I don't see any nicotine free juice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cheap kit like Neil says would be good for testing the waters, you can get 10ml samplers of El Toro Guevara in 0mg at houseofliquid.ie. Pricy in a 10ml bottle but normal price in a 60ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'd like something that looks like a cigar, but my mother already has an e-cig, so I might as well give one of the liquids a shot before spending big. Do either of you guys smoke cigars? I've always been told that cigars are about the taste, rather than the nicotine delivery. And I thought in general e-cigarrettes were more about nicotine delivery. Would an e-cig with cigar flavoured juice give me an authentic cigar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Well, you can buy a device called 'Havana' from e-smokeireland that looks like a cigar but it has a very high-nic juice in it.
    Ecigs are mainly for nic delivery but part of the reason they've spread so fast is because of the flavours.

Artificially-flavoured eliquids would struggle to taste like a real cigar but the Guevara from houseofliquid has it's flavour extracted from real cigar leaves so it's pretty authentic tasting for a store-bought juice if a little mild.
    I make my own with Havana leaves as well and I leave it steeping with the leaves for longer so it's very very cigar-like but I've only some at high-nic strength at the moment. I'd offer to mix you up a batch of 0-nic FOC but it'd take over a week until the juice is ready.

Advertisement