Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops that buy second hand clothing

• 17-02-2014 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

Just wondering if any knows which shops in Temple Bar (or Dublin city!) that buy second hand (but very good quality and good condition) clothing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from chat thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not sure of any shops that buy per item if they even exsist most places pay about €6 per 10kg of clothes and they pick and choose which clothes they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Siopaella do this, think they try sell your item and you get 40%/50% of what they make. They only take certain labels though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

They're only taking high end designer labels at the moment.

I gave 15 pieces in last year and got just under €100 in total. You only get the money after they sell the items and it's payment by check, must be over €50 coming back to you or you just get shop credit, you have to wait 60 days before you can claim anything. Not a great return money wise, €7.50 an item or there about a but I suppose its more than the nothing I'd have gotten if I'd thrown them out. If they haven't sold after 60 days, the items are given to charity. Although I went in about 3 months to collect a cheque and she said a pair of shoes hadn't sold and asked if I wanted them back or not. I should stipulate that the clothes were in *perfect* condition, they were a mix of Zara and topshop and vintage stuff. It's not a lot to get back when you look at it as a whole. And like I said, they're only taking high end designer right now, keep an eye on the facebook page for when they're taking high street stuff. Get in contact then ASAP as it's by appointment only and they fill up fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 adohar

I've used Siopaella a few times and it's worth it, especially if you're not planning to sell the clothes some other way. As the previous poster says, they're only accepting Brown Thomas grade clothes at the moment. The clothes that they sell are generally in very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oirishfruitie

Hello,

I have alot of pretty decent second hand clothes that I'm looking to sell. Women's size 10 overall with some Karen Millen, Kookai, alot of Next, Zara, Warehouse too. Jeans, dresses, tops. Oh and some Victoria Beckham too. Where's the best place; I'm not looking to make a fortune and will also consider charity. I looked at Siopaella online - but really - it seems like they'd only be interested in the designer things and they seem to take it on a season by season basis.

I'm looking for hassle free - so a one stop shop that'll take a look at my bags of clothes and give me some cash would be preferable, in the Dublin area.

Cheers
    Oirishfruitie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

oirishfruitie, I've merged your thread with another thread on the same subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Another idea is h&m are currently doing a thing where if you give them a bag of clothing they will give you €5 off when you spend €30. Not much, or really what you're looking for, but I suppose if you've seen something you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oirishfruitie

Not really miss-p, but thanks anyway. I'm not a H&M fan! I've already given a few bags to local charity shops, but put all of these items aside as being better than your regular charity shop type of clothes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Adverts.ie stick an ad up in the clothing section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement