Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate Intercom

Options
  • 17-02-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Morning,

The audio Intercom system from electric gates to house is no longer working. I can hear background noise when picking up handset in house but the buzzer activation button on outside pier does not ring on house handset.

Can somebody point me in the direction for resolution pls.? Are there any obvious checks..?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is usually a process of elimination here.
    Obviously check all the cconnection both ends.
    Can you hear speech at either end?
    Is there only one handset in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is usually a process of elimination here.
    Obviously check all the cconnection both ends.
    Can you hear speech at either end?
    Is there only one handset in the house?

Hi KoolKid - 2 way speech can be established between link, however remote end buzzer button does not buzz in house as it used to. We only have 1 wired handset in house which also can open gate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So everything is working except the buzzer?
    I'm presuming this is a standard 5 wire intercom. If its only 2 wire let me know.
    The is a single core which sends the call from the door station to the bezzer on the phone you will see this in the door station connected across the push button. To check/eliminate the button short out this connection and see if the phone buzzes.

Can you open the phone in the house & post a Pic?

KoolKid - Attached is the phone connections as requested. Havn't done anything else yet mind.

All looks good there.What you need to do then is look at the door station and determine the call cable & short that out and see if that works.
    If not then the next step is to identify the negative(or power if its ac) from the power at the door station ,get that at the phone and short to the call & see if it buzzes then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A lot of the time it's the push button on the door station that's corroded and when pushed doesn't connect the call switch. As Koolkid said, open the door station and short the two wires at the push button, if it rings then it's the button, if not then it's either the buzzer on the phone's faulty or a cable issue.

Thanks for replies guy's - I'll give this a go and report back as soon as I get a chance.

Sorry for only responding now - could not identify where to remove door station cover - It's a golmar brand similiar to this one - http://doorentrydirect.com/golmar-stadio-plus-audio-grille-2-buttons-double-p-16510.html

Advertisement