Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden beam question

Options
  • 17-02-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I noticed something strange on one of the beams going across our sunroom over the weekend and dont know if its a kind of wood worm or just something part of the wood. I do think that a little critter of some kind was involved at some stage but want to know how I'd know if he\they are still in there and how I should treat the wood for something like this.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

If its kiln dried timber, then any infestation of the offending insect or larvae is well and truly gone by the time the process is over . If it still worries you, inject all the holes with some form of woodworm/ insect killer. If you want to see if there are any lodgers left, then seal the area in a small piece of plastic , using duck tape ect, and leave on it for a few months . During that time inspect the plastic to see if there are any signs of dead insects ect, or fine dust to show activity.

Unless you see fresh clean bore holes, I,d say you probably have very little to worry about

Advertisement