Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centralised Storage for firearms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Perhaps Grizz, but the original topic was a little too important to dilute so I've split out this discussion into a sub-thread and we'll be deleting the military transport posts - theres a Military forum on boards.ie just for that kind of thing, it doesn't have much place in a sports/hunting area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

If ranges have locks, maybe we could leave the guns at the range.
    Authorities shouldn't have a problem with that, and we can still play.

On the topic of "if a man loses his sanity, then he can do some damage, therefore we should ban guns altogether." I'd argue that with this logic we should ban a lot of things: cars for example.
    All the eggs in one basket Nooooooo Way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Dont most lads who cant make the range regularly who want to be competitive train at home with trigger practice, dry firing?

That would work well with a toy gun when yours is at the range locked up.

garv123 wrote: »
    Dont most lads who cant make the range regularly who want to be competitive train at home with trigger practice, dry firing?
    And those who're at the range every day as well. Dry fire in the morning, live fire in the evenings.
    Only if you were shooting with the toy gun in competition - you use the same firearm for both training and competition.

Honestly, I think that the majority of people who advocate centralised storage don't understand what real training requires, let alone the security issues involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The toy gun bit was meant to be sarcasm :cool:

• Advertisement

The toy gun bit was meant to be sarcasm :cool:
    Sorry garv, I was thinking that was a repeat of the suggestion a while back for IPSC shooters to use airsoft replicas of their range guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sparks wrote: »
    Sorry garv, I was thinking that was a repeat of the suggestion a while back for IPSC shooters to use airsoft replicas of their range guns.

Ask the Japanese national champion on that point;). He cant use a real 45 ACP much less own one in Japan so he uses a customised airsoft exactly the same weight and design of his real one stored outside Japan for him.
    In fact IPSC specifically made a class of airsoft IPSC for countries that have prohibitive handgun laws.. Places like UK, Japan, S Korea,China.
    Thing is its still irrevelant for Ireland as apprently IPSC airsoft is banned here as well going by the airsoft lads..:rolleyes::(..No worries about any of the other military drill ,room clearing ,ambush techniques or any of that stuff that might be more helpful to any prospective terrorist or whatever. So long as that IPSC combat shooting doesnt happen we're grand.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement