Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disassembly and re-assembly of IKEA furniture

Options
  • 17-02-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi! We are finally moving to our own place. We have 2 fairly new Ikea units that need to be disassembled and re-assembled and I wanted to check for any recommendations for moving companies who can help us with that? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I've put together a number of Ikea units before and it depends what it is. The Billy bookcase for example has the back nailed into the boards, not easy to disassemble. Could you not just move them as is or is it a space issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

they are big units. One is a double kitchen unit with sliding door and the other is a full wardrobe with sliding door as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

they are big units. One is a double kitchen unit with sliding door and the other is a full wardrobe with sliding door as well.

The Ikea website has downloadable instructions for assembly of its furniture. You could see if they have your units on the website and see what's involved.

In my personal experience, I've found the middle item below difficult to remove. It's the plastic cover that locks in over the screws (2nd item).
    hardware_number_ex_587x229.gif
    I don't have any moving company recommendations though, but since Ikea is so popular, I'd say most of them have some experience in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

This company may be able to help, not movers as such they are a company who will collect and erect furniture from IKEA.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FP-Assembly/192429974106328

It might be worth phoning and getting a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Regarding the wardrobe, you'll probably need some filler and paint. Having put one up myself recently, there are two screws that you attach to the wall behind the wardrobe to help keep it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement